• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help, deeply upset...

13 posts in this topic

Many years ago when I was a kid I found a 1964 silver half dollar in a roll at the bank. It was my favorite half dollar, 90% silver, because it was in such great shape. It mean't alot to me. I carried it around with me often and palmed it, today while I was on a walk, I went down a slide in a park with one of my dogs, then realized the half dollar was gone. I lost it somewhere in the sand....I can't begin to express how deeply upset this has made me. It was much more than a $5 coin to me, it was something I"ve had since I was a little kid, my favorite, most lustrous half dollar out of all I had. I'm sorry if this seems like a pointless post, I'm just very upset right now and I need to vent.

Maybe it was time for that coin to move on to another young persons favorite coin. It will for sure be a young person who finds it! :)

Sorry to hear for your loss though.

Sorry to hear about that Kevin, but many of us have been through similar situations. I remember when I was just starting high school, my parents home was robbed and they took a bunch of old silver dollars that I had stashed, not much money to me now since I've replaced them a hundred times at least, but at the time it was a huge loss to me. So even if it seems huge now, there are many who can relate, and the good news is that there will be brighter days ahead!

Sorry to hear about that Kevin, but many of us have been through similar situations. I remember when I was just starting high school, my parents home was robbed and they took a bunch of old silver dollars that I had stashed, not much money to me now since I've replaced them a hundred times at least, but at the time it was a huge loss to me. So even if it seems huge now, there are many who can relate, and the good news is that there will be brighter days ahead!

This really SUCKS I'm so upset

Thank you for your story. Sorry to hear about your loss

If you keep dwelling on it it will eat at you. Yeah, it sux but try to find a little joy when you think some other kid may find it and keep it for life!

I think it a good idea to borrow a metal detector and try to find it. No telling what else you'll find.

Sorry to hear about your loss! Nothing else will ever "replace" it, but new items will end up occupying a new "special" place in your heart.

Are you sure you want to replace it with 4 others? Maybe something entirely new might be better. OTOH, if you do indeed want to replace it, and there are no B&M shops near you, I'd say check out the buy/sell sections of this and the PCGS boards, there are bound to be some people selling raw Kennedy's. If that doesn't pan out try eBay. Best of luck to you!

Sorry, I can't get into this, or I will be a enabler.

Time to move on, reminds of my kid and his pacifier.

This change will do you good, may not see it now but Ch Ch Change as David Bowie sang is inevitable. No way you were going to carry that pocket piece with you forever, time to get a different one imho.

I'm amazed at how many early commemoratives were carried as pocket pieces and not lost. Change falls out of my pockets all of the time. I wouldn't be able to keep one for two weeks!

sorry this happened to you my friend

you still got your health? family?.............. then i think you should think of what you DO have that is truly important

also it might turn up