• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your favorite coin ? If you could own any one !

28 posts in this topic

All variables aside, if you could have any coin, absolutely ANY coin what would it be ?

My favorite, all time, is a 1913 Liberty nickel......

An 1804 dollar ? 1933 Saint ?

Or maybe even a 1972 doubled die Lincoln, die 4 ?

Paul

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hard to pick one but it would be one of these

a prooflike gem+ business strike small letters flying eagle cent

or

a really nice lusterous au with the s-wave fully centered large planchet mass pine tree shilling

or

a gem+ original case set toned proof morgan dollar

or

a gem proof ten or twenty cameoed liberty gold coin pre 1907

or

a choice unc prooflike original classic head quarter eagle gold piece

or

a really nice better date unc. three dollar GOLD COIN WITH BEAUTIFUL ORIGINAL ORANGE PEEL SURFACES along with the golden orange toning thagt usually accompanies such coins if they where never dipped

I would take the 1933 Saint so that I could immediately sell it and use the money to buy many other coins that I want to own for a long time. If you mean one single coin that I would own for a long time, then that would be the octagonal Pan Pac slug.

Actually, Paul, Woody took my selection. I am disregarding the 1913 Liberty Head nickel as not possible to own and just select a coin that I would truly like to keep and not sell to buy more as has been suggested.

My choice that I am left with would be an 1837 No Stars Liberty Seated Dime MS68. What a gorgeous coin. Couldn't find a pic of a proof example.

Jim

1837NoStarsLSD.jpg

1855 Australia 1 Sovereign MS65 or so but even MS63 would do and match my set :)

If one exists, it would be in the mint collection. About 3 known in uncirculated condition :/

Actually I'd have to say my favorite coin would be a set - The King of Siam Proof set - complete with the original box.

Taking the 1804 dollar out of that set would be sacrilege.

Actually I'd have to say my favorite coin would be a set - The King of Siam Proof set - complete with the original box.

Taking the 1804 dollar out of that set would be sacrilege.

This had to have been the "ultimate" crack out!

re:

NGC Grades

PCGS Grades

The lone DBHE dollar in PR66CAMEO. (It's an 1803).

Isn't this coin a restrike made many years after 1803?

I'm not sure, but it is pretty.

The lone DBHE dollar in PR66CAMEO. (It's an 1803).

Isn't this coin a restrike made many years after 1803?

yes!!! sometime around "midnight" in the late 1860's my tender coin tot

What's your favorite coin ? If you could own any one !

an odd type coin that was minted after the date as per the date it says on the coin say a 1794 flowing hair half dime or a 1652 pine tree shilling