• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your most wanted coin in 2009?

30 posts in this topic

Im with you rrantique...cant wait to get my hands on that new high relief! I dont collect too much post 64 coinage but ill make an exception for this one!

Brandon

I would love to get one of these. :luhv:, but I won't have bread to do this year. :sorry:

1796250O.jpg1796250R.jpg

If I could get one of those, my collecting life would be complete. :cloud9:

1803 S-264 large cent. Same one I've wanted for several years, but I just can't afford it. After that the 1793 S-1 chain cent. That one I may have a chance at getting this year.

The highlight of the year for me will be if I can get a 1952-S NGC MS-64 FBL. This is (besides the 1953-S) the key date of the Franklin FBL series.

I would also like to get a Draped Bust half in EF-40 crusty gem circulated cameo, for a half dollar type set I may or may not decide to fill out. A flowing hair would be better, but....

It's a half dollar, Jason. I'd sure love the matching dollar coin to go with it. :þ

I was just looking at the halves last night. There was a beauty, 1795 graded VF-20, on Collectors Corner I was looking at. If only I had a few grand more....

I'd like to find a problem-free 1837 LM-2 half dime in XF-40 or better. An R-5 die marriage, so it is difficult to find to begin with. Problem-free examples are just dang tough!

Unquestionably my most wanted coin is a toned 1960-D Franklin in MS65 or better. It is the ONE hole left in my set.

WAY down the list, but something that would be fun to get, is a coin that went to the Moon (with no questions asked provenance proof) on one of the Apollo missions. In 2008 I was contemplating buying a Liberty nickel that was theoretically the First nickel to make it to the Moon's surface (on Apollo 14). Unfortunately there was not enough documentary evidence for me to believe it had indeed been on that flight so I backed away from it (several other buyers must have had the same qualms, as it did not sell in it's auction).

My most wanted coin would be a 1793 Chain Cent, of course, with this economy, there is very little chance I could actually get one, so...

My second choice would be a 1795 Flowing Hair Dollar, but probably won't be able to swing that either, so....

Maybe I could swing an MS 66 Large Cent.....

they are wanted, never bought; but i can certainly dream about them

a 1797 small eagle original dove grey higher circ grade bust dollar

massachettes large and small planchet pine tree shillings nice au grades original and with the planchets fully centered and the large planchet with the original rocker press s-wave not flattened out

a choice unc underrated better date fully original and prooflike classic head quarter eagle

a choice higher end lightly circulated totally original 1794 half dime a coin since it is small is less money then the same half dollar of the same date but just as rare

a monster superb gem prooflike struck from proof dies but not a proof just a one blow from the dies business strike but struck from proof dies nonetheless

1858 small letters flying eagle cent original never dipped

an original unc. 1865 seated dollar------------RARE!!

an original cased set toned superb gem proof morgan dollar strongly cameoed

Still a tossup between a 1793 (left) half cent and a 1793 wreath cent. I don't anticipate either will happen in the near future...but dreaming is free. :/

RI AL