• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite coin purchased in 2008.

62 posts in this topic

Here's a simple one, post your favorite coin that you purchased in 2008, you can even post an extra 1 or 2 other coins if you can't quite make up your mind (but NO more than 3 in total).

Here's unquestionably my favorite coin purchance of 2008. To the best of my knowledge (of course I could be wrong) it was the only gold coin flown during the Mercury, Gemini or Apollo flights. The FIRST US spacewalk occured on Gemini 4.

Gemini4GoldCoin_small.jpg

Gemini4GoldCoinObv.jpg

Gemini4GoldCoinRev2.jpg

Here's why the coin is so special:

Gemini4EVA_small.jpg

Gemini4EVA2_small.jpg

Within the series, toned Franklins, that I specialize in, this coin was unquestionably my favorite purchase of 2008. There were no mint sets made during 1950, so finding a decently toned 1950 P or D is a very tough endeavour.

Franklin50D.jpg

Franklin50DRev.jpg

MAY YOUR 2009 BE FILLED WITH HEALTH, HAPPINESS, PEACE AND PROSPERITY!!!

I'll stick to US coins and say it's probably a tie between these two:

005-0036-775.jpg

1943-P PCGS MS65FS Jefferson Nickel

010-0040-775.jpg

1943-P PCGS MS65FB (rattler holder) Mercury Dime

I've also picked up a handful of world coins I'm rather fond of too.

That is my favorite modern half dollar commemorative. Nice p/u!

I bought a $5 Constitution on the marketplace that came back MS70. ;)

Well I didn't get to buy a whole lot this year except a few Jeffs for my dansco and trying to keep my Prez dollars alive. So I would have to say that the Silver story was probably my favorite purchase this year.

thesilverstory.jpg

Uber-cool stuff, SkyMan. (thumbs u Off the top of my head I think I was able to pick up eight really nice coins this year. I don't have images of all of them, which makes the decision of what coin to post a bit easier-

H1861P65.jpg

H1861P65R.jpg

Nice looking set, Boby What are the three cois below the silver crtificate?

Thanks adam. There is a 21' Morgan, 25' Peace, and a little capsule of silver granules.

It is a toss up to me so I will list both :/

1810-b-1.jpg

1810-b-2.jpg

1810 Classic Head Half Cent NGC AU53

86-2-9.jpg

86-2-8.jpg

1886 Type 2 Proof Indian Head Cent NGC PF65BN*

WoW, Tom! If you were the only criteria then I'd say that there are many wonderful coins available in the market but we all know that that's just not true!

Whoa, I need to change the batteries in my keyboard. I do know "Bobby" has three Bs. Ignore the other missed key strokes!

Better 2 "B's" than 2 "O's" lol

Whoa, I need to change the batteries in my keyboard. I do know "Bobby" has three Bs. Ignore the other missed key strokes!

That was a good one, Booby! haha......

That was a good one, Booby! haha......

Leave it to you Vic!! lol

Personally I like O2.

Thanks Bobby. It is really nice and Bob Campbell did a great job with the pictures.

I am debating about sending the set off to NGC to put into a Multi - holder as I think it would make a great muli-holder set. Now if I could just find a small date that looks similar to the large date it would be perfect.

I got a lot of really great coins this year, so its going to be hard to narrow it down. I guess these probably win. 1829/1827 Bustie PCGS XF-40, and 1958D NGC MS-65FBL toner from Shane.

11894923O.jpg

11894923R.jpg

71095.jpg.4b7065b4d858a41caa51d125e1782e2b.jpg

71096.jpg.daeddcb210ba6ebbb8deb6bab7038fe3.jpg

Hmm. I'd have to say some modern junk would be this year's favorites. Can I post two? I'll be re-doing the photos of the first one, probably, now that I've figured out how to make the fields black. The first one I like 'cause of the design - I really like both obv. and rev. on this. The second is because it's my first purchase of a non-US coin and marks the start of my Panda collection that I hope to fill out (and Britannias) in 2009.

10000_2008W_PR_vanBuren_large.jpg

10yaun_2008_large.jpg

WoW! Those are really exceptional pictures! I love that photoshop, too. What program is it?

Jason, that CBH has the perfect circulated look to it!