• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1812/1 Large 8 O-101?

18 posts in this topic

OK can someone put me back to earth? I am seeing things? Or is this really the big boy? I see all the diagonstics, Recut N, A M joined together, Spacing between Star 13 and the 2. Large 8, the dice cracks. This might be 101a? Help please.

1812101.jpg

1812101o.jpg

1812101r.jpg

1812101d.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Yes it is, WOW!

O-101a, worth at least $3000.

WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!! I am sooo shocked!!!!! WOW!! Thanks! O-101? or O-101a?

Edited to say I did not see the 101a in my excitment!

Thanks again James!

Hot Diggety! You cherry that from someplace? Bust Half Fever says that there is little chance of any more of those showing up as they pretty much have been all cherried out. So its story time. Do tell!

Yeah, as long as the coin has no significant problems. being well circulated, should still bring a pretty penny.

Here is an ANACS VG 8 that sold for 3K recently:

http://coins.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=432&Lot_No=763&src=pr

Yours has more detail than that.

I would grade this either VF20 or 25. The Reiver coin looked like yours, NGC graded it 30 which to me looked rather generous, and it sold for 6900 three years ago. So maybe my thinking is too crazy low and your coin is more like a 6K coin than a 3 K coin. :o