• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know this isn't the right place but.....

23 posts in this topic

Merry Christmas from an oil rig. Not sure if I'll be on shore for Christmas or not, but since my family is all a thousand miles away it doesn't really make much difference. I was able to have Thanksgiving in Charleston with them, so I did Christmas then.

Boss.....you can't do that! This time is about happy memories and good times! She would want you to enjoy this season and celebrate her memory!

Thanks, but this will be the best way for me to deal with it. I know she would understand. More than likely I would be spending it by myself anyway. Things will be better next year. I will put up all her Christmas lights for her next year. I just moved and couldn't do it this year.

Merry Christmas to ya'll also. I think I'm just gonna skip it this year.

You can have it with all of us Bobby.

I'll probably be here seeing if anyone is posting that day Bob. The best to ya!

Merry Christmas to all!!!

This will be my frist white Christmas in quite a while. I'm up in Maine freezing my toes off with my wife's family. More than 10 inches of snow fell yesterday. We are up to almost 15 on the ground. :tonofbricks:

Happy Happy Merry Merry - Its been a LOOONNNGGG year for me but Its finally over.

I will have some thanks to be doing I think taking the trek I have ... Thank You and AMEN!

Woody you infected my file - Stop it :)

70616.jpg.3e449a7461e19bd4479b4548ca320103.jpg

bsshog

While I certainly can't relate to the pain and loss you are feeling, especially for the holidays, my thoughs and prayers are with you. I know this is going to sound corny, but I lost both parents as a teen, both near the holidays but a few years apart. It was tough trying to be "joyful" for a bit. The sadness fades in time but the wonderful memories remain. Focus on the beautiful times you had together. That's what got me through.

RI AL

Please add my sincere best wishes for the holidays to the growing list of posters here. I can't imagine having been lucky enough to hook up with such a great bunch!!

RI AL

bsshog

While I certainly can't relate to the pain and loss you are feeling, especially for the holidays, my thoughs and prayers are with you. I know this is going to sound corny, but I lost both parents as a teen, both near the holidays but a few years apart. It was tough trying to be "joyful" for a bit. The sadness fades in time but the wonderful memories remain. Focus on the beautiful times you had together. That's what got me through.

RI AL

Thanks RI AL, I have her with me this year. I don't have any family that live around me and I really don't have any contact with her family anymore so I'll be spending it with my memories of her. It's been wierd not shopping for her Christmas presents. I made this for her last year. Now it's just gonna hold the things she cherished. I will be just fine! It's good feeling the way I do, at least I think so. I know she feels the love!!!

Mamascedarchest.jpg

Merry Christmas to you all. We will be thinking of you Bss! May you find comfort and peace and love from your fellow brothers and sisters here on and off the board.

Sincerely,

Joe

Merry Christmas to all my friends and hopefully to be friends. I wish you all the best.

Bobby, I don't have the words, but my life has been enriched from knowing you and speaking with you. I most certainly wish you the best for the coming year. Keep on crooning.

Jim

May everyone find a way to take a moment to close their eyes and think , even for a moment, how much of a miracle it truly is that we are able to pass on well wishes for others , even if we are not in any kind of financial position or position of any higher power to create miracles...... we can still give of ourselves even the meerest of salutations to possibly make someone else's day a little brighter with just the sole power of the " Hey , I thought about you today , and I wish the best for you " .

I appreciate all the Christmas greetings and well-wishes even the non-denominational well-wishes and simple 'holiday wishes' from fellow board members , and even people I barely know , that have made the extra efforts just to say a special greeting.