• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a foot of snow here tomorrowin western n.y. post a snow/blast white silver coin

25 posts in this topic

No Coin sorry .

I'm suffering from a bit of sunburn and find it hard to move from the couch :-)

You will be having christmas with a foot of snow and ours will be a BBQ

Cheers

Michael,

We're getting the same storm here in the NW corner of RI. It has just started, but we're in the "red swath" that is supposed to exceed one foot of snow. I hope my neighbor's snowblower is working because I cleaned all of his fall leaves.

ricomm2001-1.jpg

ricomm2002-1.jpg

in honor of 2008...the coldest year on record in almost 60 years world wide.. a blast from the past...hey, where is chicken little?..oops, I mean Algore?

70547.jpg.b15f05a14c60de2d8cc20e357d98e8c5.jpg

Well, I posted a coin, now here is a bit of white from off my patio! Those bushes in the foreground are about waist high, and underneath the drifts next to them is my air conditioner I think!

1221081025.jpg

here's one of my favorites..love flowlines :cloud9:

PS: we're not the only ones getting blasted because of the sun's reduced activity...poor kittys look cold.........

Over the past year, anecdotal evidence for a cooling planet has exploded. China has its coldest winter in 100 years. Baghdad sees its first snow in all recorded history. North America has the most snow cover in 50 years, with places like Wisconsin the highest since record-keeping began. Record levels of Antarctic sea ice, record cold in Minnesota, Texas, Florida, Mexico, Australia, Iran, Greece, South Africa, Greenland, Argentina, Chile -- the list goes on and on. No more than anecdotal evidence, to be sure. But now, that evidence has been supplanted by hard scientific fact. All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA's GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data. All show that over the past year, global temperatures have dropped precipitously. [DailyTech 2/27/2008]

70564.jpg.482b502a7cfc7043843309df9e477f3e.jpg

70565.jpg.cf48fcbbc0a4c316c33e2aa3b76d4bba.jpg

70566.jpg.abb99ca1f86392805126c371263b64d1.jpg

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight.

Near the village, the peaceful village, the lion sleeps tonight.

Hush, my darling, don't fear, my darling, the lion sleeps tonight.

(it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture!) ;)

70566.jpg

Scott :hi:

EZ...that is a WOW coin.. :luhv:

Thanks, guys, but it's really like a Farrah Fawcett coin. Once real sexy then, with time, not so sexXxy but you can still see hints of the original beauty remaining.

This coin has graded twice as PR63. It is a flashy coin in hand since it was professionally conserved. It has picked up slight album toning around the rims from 3 yrs in a Dansco. I just got it reslabbed by PCGS and it came back the same as before, which it should have because of the hairlines. Originally purchased from Pinnacle Rarities.