• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just sent in my first submission to NGC

14 posts in this topic

Well, after procrastinating for quite some time I finally packed up 5 early MS commem.s and headed to the post office with my five freebie earlybird coupon. After spending 10 minutes applying the brown tape they 'must' have for registered mail they were off. My first five babies off to school. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

For my own amusement I'm going to post my estimates and hope for the best!

1936 Elgin est. MS 64

1935D Boone est. MS 65

1937D Texas est. MS 63/62 (got rub?)

1936D Rhode Island est. MS 66 (wishful thinking, probably 65)

1936S Arkansas est. MS64

Well, after procrastinating for quite some time I finally packed up 5 early MS commem.s and headed to the post office with my five freebie earlybird coupon. After spending 10 minutes applying the brown tape they 'must' have for registered mail they were off. My first five babies off to school. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

For my own amusement I'm going to post my estimates and hope for the best!

1936 Elgin est. MS 64

1935D Boone est. MS 65

1937D Texas est. MS 63/62 (got rub?)

1936D Rhode Island est. MS 66 (wishful thinking, probably 65)

1936S Arkansas est. MS64

Well the coins haven't been received yet, but the grades are posted and I am most pleased to say the least.

ELGIN MS 62, I'm happy it was even graded. I was concerned it might be

cleaned. I broke even on this raw coin ebay purchase!!

BOONE MS 64, it's ok, it was originally a NGC MS65 that I cracked out a

few months back. I always thought it was overgraded. foreheadslap.gif

RHOSE ISLAND MS 65 another former crack out PCGS MS 65, no change.

ARKANSAS MS 65 A real SHOCKER. was formerly ANACS MS 63, up two

points and about 150 bucks to $235. Only paid $65 in a heritage

auction. HaHa! grin.gif

TEXAS MS 66 the biggest shock of all. Formerly ANACS 63, another Heritage auction, paid $85, now books $250. Wow Wow Wow grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

All in all I'm very very happy. I really trust my eye now. I think I'm a better grader than I had given myself credit for!!! I may have been conservative, but didn't overgrade and that may very well save me big bucks in the future.

God Bless NGC thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Tom,

FYI From my experience I believe the status goes in this sequence:

1. Scheduled for grading

2. Grading

3. Quality Control

4. Finalizing/imaging/shipping (or something like that?)

At that finalizing stage the grades become available.

Also, when you click on order status and it says the finalizing......, then click on the order/submission number and it'll give you the list of the coins you submitted and corresponding grades. Just clicking the order status will simply tell you that, the order status.

Good Luck, 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Rob

Does anyone know the current Turn-a-round time for NGC? I have a group of 20 in for crossover, received the 10th. I know it's way too soon now, but when should I begin to get curious? (I used the Economy Service).

Does anyone know the current Turn-a-round time for NGC? I have a group of 20 in for crossover, received the 10th. I know it's way too soon now, but when should I begin to get curious? (I used the Economy Service).

I think it's like 24 days or something right around there? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And the service tier was....?

It's been a short while since I submitted, but they hit their stated times for everything except foreign value (maybe 3 days over) on my last few submissions.

I have a couple of submissions in right now (economy), and my experience has been 40 or so days from the time they receive the coins. Almost like clockwork.

They cashed my check from the first submission, so at least I know SOMETHING is happening. smile.gif