• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My San Diego was just returned from NGC

24 posts in this topic

It looks original, gorgeous and like a low end 66, so my guess is that it received a 66* ;)

I know. I know! My wishes exactly.

But... alas...

diego1.jpg

diego2.jpg

It detoured instead over to the other side of the building. :(

Sorry, Pat.

:(

Which images are more accurate? The first set looked/looks fine to me, but the second set is questionable. And I even think, now knowing the results, I'm not letting that influence me.

Jtryka, Thanks!

Mark, The lighting was moved away for the slab shots.

mommam, You're right. I think that was their thinking too.

physics Hindsight, I get that too.

I used this one, raw, for my eBay avatar. Now I don't know what to do.

peacockcoinsmotivation.jpg

I think the coolest San Diegos are the ones with bag toning where part of the coin is deeply toned and part is brilliant untoned. Very much like a Morgan dollar. Where have I seen your coin? Looks very familiar?

mommam17, I use it as an avatar for my auctions. Each auction shows the coin at the top.

bsshog40, It was a gamble, but you know what? I'm about as happy either way as the coin is the same inside or outside an NGC holder and I simply like it for what it is. Neat design, and it is pretty (in my mind's eye).

mommam17, I use it as an avatar for my auctions. Each auction shows the coin at the top.

bsshog40, It was a gamble, but you know what? I'm about as happy either way as the coin is the same inside or outside an NGC holder and I simply like it for what it is. Neat design, and it is pretty (in my mind's eye).

I agree Pat. It is nice looking. The colors wouldn't stop me from owning it either!!

My first thoughts were AT, b/c the toning was very uniform and the same on both the obverse and reverse. If that toning was just on the reverse, and different toning on the obverse. I think it would have graded out. (thumbs u

It still is pleasing to the eye. And about this pic being used in all your ebay auctions, I would probably change it, knowing that the coin is AT. But that's just my opinion.

I knew I`d seen that coin before. I check their website and met and did a deal with them at Coinfest. As a collector I would not keep the coin, as I would think AT when I looked at it. I love the San Diego, one of my favorites, and hopefully you will find another one with beautiful NT. Finding one with bag toning is a challenge as I`ve seen 2 in about 4 years!

I liked the coin before I sent it to NGC (NCS) and like it still.

It's possible (ever so slightly possible) NGC is/was wrong. Probably not, but either way, I'll just stash it away as the color is pretty and somehow acceptable on other type coins (for example, Franklin halves).