• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffalo from an Angel

17 posts in this topic

Gorgeous coin. I think I have seen it in-hand previously.

That wouldn't surprise me at all Tom. I'm happy you weren't in the market for one. ;)

When I was collecting Buffalos, I focused in the VF-EF grades....but when I see MS examples that look like that...the only word that comes to mind is "WOW"! Excellent strike, beautiful patina and begs for your eyes to just stare! Congrats!

Shawn

When I was collecting Buffalos, I focused in the VF-EF grades....but when I see MS examples that look like that...the only word that comes to mind is "WOW"! Excellent strike, beautiful patina and begs for your eyes to just stare! Congrats!

Shawn

I should have posted the grade earlier. It is PF67 in a PCGS holder.

It is an astoundingly beautiful coin, and the images are fantastic! I have bought a couple of small coins from Angel Dee's in the past. He does have a lot of great coins, and usually priced at a reasonable retail level.

This coin is incredible and I nearly *spooned* my shorts when I looked at your set ... my god man !

I never knew there were two different finishes in 1936 PROOFS ...

what a set .. NOW everyone is going to be looking out for a type 2 to help you finsh that incredible set off ... just ..... wow

Its so rare to get that textured look in the fields. Especially in the biz strikes, they always look smooth, but in reality they were supposed to have the rough look to it.

I just bought a 65, which I bought only because it has a little of that effect.

Thanks for sharing!

WOW-WEE-KA-ZOW-EE, Bob!!! That is a GORGEOUS coin!!! (worship)

That sure fits it nicely with the rest of your set. I'm glad that it's filling in nicely. :golfclap: Congratulations on finding such a beautiful 1913!!!

Thanks for all the glowing comment on the coin as well as Andy. I thought he was very fair in his pricing as this coin is well above average in eye appeal and has a very good strike. Depending on how the lighting hit the coin, colors and strike would vary on different images. It was next to impossible to get one image that exhibits all the features this beauty has to offer. Maybe when they come up with a consumer 3-D camera.