• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sorry just another boring complimentary Mark Feld thread so you can skip it.

17 posts in this topic

I call Mark about a coin that I think that I might want i an upcoming auction. He checks it out for me in person at the auction, then weeks later he wins it live via the internet when I can't, and then he tells me that when I receive it if it doesn't fit with my collection no problem just return it because he likes it and has no problem putting it in his inventory because he thinks that highly of it. All this and at a price that I can live with. What dealer does this?, it takes all the risk out of auctions, and if I decide to keep it I also get a free sticker, a tiny blue "MFA"( Mark Feld Approved) sticker, just as good as the green one imho, and I like the green one!

I know, I know! He's awful! That's why I've kept going back to him for great type coin purchases over the past 5 years. Yeah! I definitely hate that guy! :sumo:

I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with him yet. Maybe one day! I'm really just waiting to hear something good about him! lol Just a joke Mark!!

You know, I'm really getting tired of reading all of this garbage about Mark Feld. Why don't you guys say something nice about the man once in a while?

Chris

hm .. He didnt like the coin I bought .. he didn't think it deserved the RED designation ... I bought it anyway hm ... I should see it Friday and I will take better pictures for you'all to decide ... :insane:

He still went out of his way to express his opinion on the coin for me though and his time is always appreciated. :applause:

Now that I have found the Indian - I only have one other coin I would like to upgrade so I need to have him update his LOOK FOR file for me :headbang:

Mark is a unique guy in today's society. He doesn't sugar coat or him haw around when he has an opinion. I like that about him. He would definately be the dealer you would want to contact if your looking for a particular coin. Integrity and honesty are hard to find these days.

Dean

OK this thread is getting out of hand, Mark is not a perfect dealer, case in point and he will back me up on this because he is honest, I am not allowed to ask him 20 questions every time I speak to him.

As long as I keep it under 10 it's fine with him!

Mark is very generous with not only his business and knowledge, but with the time he is willing to spend with you. He has to have people pulling him from all sides.

My first deal with Mark was a few years back. He knew nothing about me but trusted me from the start. I'm used to earning folks trust before they put nice coins in my hands before payment. At the end of that deal I knew I had found not only a dealer but a friend.

Alright now this is really going to far, Mark really isn't a nice dealer at all, if you ask him a question he will give you the brutal truth, and some people just can't handle the truth!

I on the other hand appreciate to hear what I need to know no matter how painful it is, his brutal honesty is just a phone call/e-mail away, go ahead give him a call and ask him what others are afraid to tell you.

In all seriousness, there's only one disappointment I've had from him. I was working on my mercury dime set in 2003 and needed the '16 D. I had not dealt with him yet, at that point but he came highly recommended. I asked him in a PM if he could get me a nice VG-F '16 D. He said he'd try but never did and never got back to me. Now forget about getting one in this market.

So, I love ya, Mark, but I'll always carry that disappointment. :sorry: