• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 21 - Get ready....

19 posts in this topic

On which coin issued by the United States did Franklin Roosevelt appear during his own lifetime?

First post that correctly answers the above question wins three free earlybird submissions.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Found it! The 1936 1 Peso Phillipine commemorative...issued by the US has FDR on it's obverse. It took me awhile though. It didn't occur to me for 10 minutes or so that Roosevelt could be on a coin from the Phillipines. I have my fingers crossed! smile.gif

Seeing that the Phillippine island was part og the United States at the time I have to say the 1936 silver peso commemorative of the establishment of commonwealth.(pp.321 redbook). CHRIS

• Administrator

Thank you for playing Numisma-Quest!

This week's question and answer:

On which coin issued by the United States did Franklin Roosevelt appear during his own lifetime?

The 1936 peso issued for the Philippines when it was still governed by the USA.

Congratulations gmarguli for being the first to answer correctly! Your prize is a certificate for 3 FREE NGC Earlybird submissions.

And now, for the results of the drawing from all the remaining contestants who answered correctly.....

The winner is chrisfuccione!

Your prize is "The U.S. Rare Coin Handbook for Collectors and Investors" authored by Les and Sue Fox

Your prizes will be sent out right away.

Thank you all for playing.

smile.gif

I'm surprised I won. There were 8 views of the question before I saw it and I took my time coming up with an answer. I didn't even know the answer. I knew it wasn't a regular issue US coin so it was a guess. I remembered seeing Macarthur (?) on a US Philippines peso so I took a guess that FDR was also on one. Lucky guess.