• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*** Mike's Second Annual Giveaway *** Just Post to the thread to enter !!

52 posts in this topic

Aw, what the heck - put me in. :) And thanks!

By the way, why don't you move Down South? You know that all of this fresh air and sunshine would do you a world of good!! :grin:

Aw, what the heck - put me in. :) And thanks!

By the way, why don't you move Down South? You know that all of this fresh air and sunshine would do you a world of good!! :grin:

hm

I'm just boosting my post count , lol

If you choose my post , do as the others have said , award to a YN.

Glad to hear the kid is good to go , hope the trip to the beach did some good.

My boy wanted this '84 Camaro that I had gotten from my brother as a trade for a more fuel efficient car I ended up buying for him to replace said Camaro which is nearer to the crusher than the restorer .

I've had the transmission ( 700R4) rebuilt , it lasted all of one day ...enough to get the car back to the driveway where it has taken residence status .

Well , he still wants this POC , so I decided that because I already know that it will become a huge money pit , I conceded that I would work with him on restoring it to 'safe-to'drive' condition. ( I need my skull bored through with a rusty bit)

As much as I look forward to a father/son thing ....this car is gonna put me in the mental ward.

Mike , we pulled the wheels off ...more to clean them and inspect the brakes and such ....and well , nice , Lf R drum with brake shoe holders minus shoes is covered in thick nicley burnt on gear oil ....yeah. Very neat gouges inside the drum...yah again.

Either this kid is going to learn all about auto engineering or I'm going to go broke first .

So after I haul it back to the transmission shop and get reverse back and the shift linkage fixed.....everything worked fine until I got home with it and parked it the first time ....I'm now wondering what will go wrong with the tranny the next time it gets home......I've got to overhaul the brakes and just about rebuild the entire rear end .

Just outta curiosity , you wouldn't happen to have a mechanically sound '84 Camaro laying around your garage would ya? I could care less about the body , but a non-smashed in front end would be sorta a plus. as I got to , oh yeah , did I mention I have to replace the header panel and straighten out almost all of the brackets ?( go back to brakes missing). I'm thinking , if I can't just find a decent replacement fast , I'm gonna have to do a complete tear down and rebuild . Is this some kind of precious moments thing to remember forever or am I gonna end up remebered for how much I can howl and throw things?.the last time I almost didn't find all my tools...they fly pretty far.....

Down south? Where it gets 2 gazillion degrees in the summer and does not snow in the winter? I'm looking forward to move north... maybe even to Alaska!! :insane:

BTW... count me in!

Scott :hi:

I had to chuckle ... reading this thanks I need it :)

700R4 are problematic unless all the WEAK stuff is replaced on the FIRST rebuild -90% of the transmission is weak .

When done properly it is a kick trans as it is what I use in my Drag car. It has the lowest First gear that GM put in any transmission they made and the OD makes it so I can drive it to the track.

No I dont have a camaro laying around.

Rear end axle seals are not that bad to do. You can handle it as long as it is not

a posi then your in a big pile of it :).

If you got a Carquest Store down there use them - act like you know what you are doing :) and ask for the red box stuff when you order the parts - its a bendix rebox product and fairly cheap. Not really a lot of money considering. Get wheel cylinders while yer doing it and brake lines YOU KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO BREAK :)

Careful of windows when they objects go flying - I have done that a couple of times ... I will PM you my work number if you have any questions or have CRS ....Cant Remeber S _ H _ I _ T

Have fun and thanks for the note ...

No I dont have a camaro laying around.

.....K @**%$ R %%#$# U $$%#@# D

Rear end axle seals are not that bad to do. You can handle it as long as it is not

a posi then your in a big pile of it :).

:o GAHHH I dunno , didn't remember to play spin the tires when I had it up ...GAAHHH

Get wheel cylinders while yer doing it and brake lines YOU KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO BREAK :)

AAHHH**(&^ K ##@%$ R %&%# A$^% P **&^ again

Already got the kit , new bearings/seals wheel cylinders fluids,RTV.....D@mmm freakin breakin Brake lines....GAHHHH!!! ...and yeah , I knew I need'm too AHHH I'm a FORD guy , I'm 90% sure I can get some braided lines for the front calipers - don't want any squishy , gotta see if I can get some for the rear...GAHHHH more money

I will PM you my work number if you have any questions or have CRS

Absolutely , along with CRS I suffer from Some-Timers Disease (sometimes-I-remember&sometimes-I-don't)

Thank-You , I should be able to get most of it done without de-boning any fingers or permanently brain damaging my son , but with GM products , well , I might be taking you up on that phone offer , especially that 40 foot long looking torsion bar pan-hard factory 4 link setup thing bolted all over the place under the car .........and why couldn't they just put a straight exhaust under that thing....did Joe the plumber design the exhaust or something....and there's gotta be enough platinum in those converters to buy me a new house .

I'm gonna kill my bro when I see him again , there's no excuse on the planet for letting a car get that bad ...he did absolutely no maintenance ....and incredibly the thing has made it , held together somehow , until now . I guess that says at least something for the General and his motorworks.

This Givaway Will Close SUNDAY AFTEROON EST

If you win and want to give the items to a YN - You must secure a name and an address for me to send it too.

I will PM you your win and you let me know where and who to send it to.

Good Luck

The Contenders are in order of Post - The next set of numbers is your randomized position

me0505

Schatzy

bsshog40

physics-fan3.14

zrlevin

jesbroken

Coindude

MAULEMALL

TJ'S Coins

RI AL

rrantique

Bruceswar

rons

WoodenJefferson

robec1347

rexcat

jtryka

rbrown4

Dcoin

fishfinder

michael

just-john

stinkycheese1

MunkyMan95

ant

dan8402

Jakeblue

Just Bob

Coin

Bochiman

Revenant

Scott B

20, 28, 8, 17, 25, 29, 4, 1, 27, 23, 5, 31, 24, 32, 30, 15, 10, 12, 19, 7, 14, 9, 13, 18, 26, 16, 22, 2, 3, 6, 11, 21

The Next post will be the winner

Good Luck

1 Set of 1 Unique Numbers Per Set

Range: From 1 to 32 -- Unsorted

Job Status# 1

Set #1:

Congratulations the Winner is jesbroken

PM me mailing instructions please

Thanks

Mike