• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you block buyers who slam you on stars ?

16 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if I am alone on this. I just had a buyer give me positive feedback but gave me '0' stars on shipping charges. Evidently, 69 cents to ship two coins to him was way out of line.

The way I figure it, I don't need this guy. That rating will drop me to the next level where I pay higher fees to eBay. BLOCKED

Anyone else ?

Paul

Ebay has insinuated that this type of feedback is not visible to the seller! Actually, I did forget to fill in the stars on one purchase. Maybe it was me that offended you so badly because of my poor memory, Paul?

One eBay says that you can't see what a specific buyer rates you, is that not true? Or have you only sold one item recently so you know who did the feedback?

Can you give zero stars? Is that actually an option? I don't know I usually don't bother to fill in the stars when I'm giving feedback. And that leads to the next question, if you don't fill in the stars section on the feedback does that actually count against the seller? If it does that would explain why some of these people who offer free shipping are still getting less than stellar ratings for shipping.

The only way you can tell what they give you on star ratings is by watching your feedback regularly and each time you receive a new one, by doing some simple math, you can determine what you received.

I don't know about leaving blanks. That is, do they count as blanks ?

I don't think buyers understand the whole thing with these stars. eBay makes all these changes and creates all this BS but they don't take the time to educate the buyers.

Paul

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if I am alone on this. I just had a buyer give me positive feedback but gave me '0' stars on shipping charges. Evidently, 69 cents to ship two coins to him was way out of line.

The way I figure it, I don't need this guy. That rating will drop me to the next level where I pay higher fees to eBay. BLOCKED

Anyone else ?

Paul

Yes. Blocked. And to answer the the other persons question: When you leave feedback but do not click on the star ratings, I do not believe it affects the sellers star rating.

I block anybody and everybody who is stupid, wants too much, complains too much, asks stupid questions, leaves negative feedback more than I think they should, etc. Block them all! I just blocked a potential bidder who first said my shipping was too high and then called my explanation "ridiculous". I've blocked for low star ratings and whiny feedback. You have to block liberally these days since eBay screwed up their system. It's the only fighting chance sellers have.

The DSR ratings are a joke. If all your buyers call your service above average and acceptable, you'll get kicked off eBay as your DSRs will be too low.

Hi Folks,

Anyone else ?

Paul

Would you be kind enough to give us the listing? If you don't want to air this to the public, then would you send me a PM?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Not a problem.......Here they are, these two were combined for a shipping total of 69 cents. My shipping rating, with 94 feedbacks in a 30 day period, went from 3.80 to 3.76 after this guys feedback.

1954 D Half.....

1926 S Merc.....

Unfortunately I delete images after feedback is received. You can look at some of my other stuff and see I'm not some clown.

I'm beginning to think Greg is right. You have to block liberally in order to protect your own interests. eBay just isn't for sellers anymore....

Paul

(The above links worked when I listed them, now they don't seem to. The item numbers are 370076892170 and 370092030469)

Hey Beav,

I would check with the buyer first, he may turn out to be good customer. I left 5 star feedback on all areas the other day then noticed the shipping had changed prior to submitting and I had to go back and enter the 5 stars again! Whats going on here?

Paul, why don't you run a D&B on me before you sell me some $39. coins? You are picking fly-c*r*a*p out of pepper! This hobby really does s*u*c*k sometimes!

Please block me on your ebay site so I don't ever cause you any angst!. My sign-in is: robbnscdr3. Thank you.

Hi OT,

Thank you for your delightful contribution to my thread.

Unfortunately, you must have misunderstood. As could be determined from the thread title, this thread was directed to eBay 'Sellers'. Since you are not that, your opinion is of little or no value.

It would be like not voting this November 4th and then complaining about who wins the election.

Thanks just the same......

Paul

I did not know you could tell which buyers gave you lousy star ratings. I do try to liberally block any known or newly discovered bozo buyers especially now that the Bay has unnecessarily restricted the rights of Sellers.

It makes me mad as h&$$ I as a seller do not have the option of a neg for insufficiently_thoughtful_person or non paying buyers. For this reason, I ended all listings under $100 which was about 150 of 250 listings. This definitely has cost ebay money and I am sure other sellers have followed suit in some form or other. I could never have imagined the bay would have instituted such a stupid policy - it defies the free speech fabric America was founded on. This has resulted in me going back to setting up at more shows which I find I enjoy more anyway. No ebay fees, no paypal fees, and any P&L loss is limited to the expenses of the show.