• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ikes in a bag

7 posts in this topic

Recently purchased two canvas bags of Ikes from the bank at face value - approximately 800 - boy are they heavy! The kids are fascinated with these but we dont really know what we should do with them. Any idea what these will be worth in the near and distant future? Should we put these in coin tubes or put them in coin holders and then box them up? Are these something that will be of value to my kids or to their kids or to their kids kids.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Bob, Bobby & Jonathan

In the near future, they are worth face value. In the far distant future, they may be worth a little more than face value. If you are planning on keeping them as an investment, you would be better served with something else. If you are keeping them for fun, or to use as poker chips, or to spend, then go for it!

I thought it was a good deal as we never see these anywhere. I had no idea what they were worth or what they could be worth but based on the scarcity that I see, I figures this might not be such a bad investment. At worst, we break even but we would have no problem selling these for $1.25 or $1.5!