• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US MINT SUSPENDS SALES OF BUFFALOES

9 posts in this topic

I just saw a report on CNBC that the US Mint has suspended the sales of the American Buffalo gold coins because of a shortage of inventory.

UPDATE: Here is a link to the Reuters story at Forbes.com.

UPDATE: This does not affect collectible coins in the Mint's online catalog.

quotes_2a.gif

Scott :hi:

The mint is selling gold for a 30-50% premium over melt. Who cares if they sell their overpriced gold. I have been buying a few 90 year old, MS Sovereigns for 10% over melt. Who wants the Mint's overpriced coins.

The mint is selling gold for a 30-50% premium over melt. Who cares if they sell their overpriced gold. I have been buying a few 90 year old, MS Sovereigns for 10% over melt. Who wants the Mint's overpriced coins.

I would have bought a four piece set of those coins, but the gold premium was MUCH too high on them. I think their excuse about the gold price is a bunch of bull. The mint is playing games with us plain and simple, and I'm tired of it. Taxpayers should not be treated like this.

In the mean time I'm still waiting for my 2009 silver Proof set. Yet the dealers in Coin World have plenty of them to offer. What gives? hm:boo: