• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your silver!

32 posts in this topic

Picture of my Franklin's and Busties as of June when this picture was taken. I have a few more now :) This is of course nowhere near my entire pile of silver, I have close to 4 pounds of silver if you count all of my coins (and only 3 ounces of that is bullion!)

65950.jpg.88cec21d90a9a282297f7239f93267b9.jpg

Depicting the Longmen Grottoes of Fengxian Temple in China.

2 oz silver

40mm

99.9%

Although I do have this commemorative, I have to give credit where credit is due. I "borrowed" the picture from a poster named spica on omnicoin.com.

Longmen_Grotto.jpg

Sorry! I won't be able to oblige you. Everything is packed in preparation for my impending move. I haven't the slightest idea when it will take place, but every day I wonder if I might answer the door and be served with a court order to vacate. I feel like I'm living out of a suitcase.

I still haven't found a suitable place to live. Since the real estate market is in such bad shape, I've even resorted to looking at bank-owned properties for sale. Unfortunately, most of them are torn apart, and I just don't have the time to fool with a handyman special.

Chris

but every day I wonder if I might answer the door and be served with a court order to vacate. I feel like I'm living out of a suitcase.

What happened to you?

An ugly dispute involving some nasty siblings and the division of his mother's estate, I believe. :(

Sorry! I won't be able to oblige you. Everything is packed in preparation for my impending move. I haven't the slightest idea when it will take place, but every day I wonder if I might answer the door and be served with a court order to vacate. I feel like I'm living out of a suitcase.

I still haven't found a suitable place to live. Since the real estate market is in such bad shape, I've even resorted to looking at bank-owned properties for sale. Unfortunately, most of them are torn apart, and I just don't have the time to fool with a handyman special.

Chris

Hah!!My brother has a gorgeous 3-4 bedroom in Sarasota,Fl.Under 300K.(1.5 year new tile roof!!)

Just joshing..It's tough out there.He's been trying to sell for 1 1/2 years.

Bobby, that silver round is actually kinda cool. (And I didn't care for the state quarter series.) Do they make the entire run?

Yes they do. My wife bought me this for Christmas a couple yrs ago. I found out she bought it at Littleton They show to only mint 10,000 for each yr. I see right now they only have 07' & 08' available.

My wife bought me this for Christmas a couple yrs ago.

That's not bullion. They'll probably have to take it from your cold, dead hand.

Edited to add:

The above is a reference to sentimental value and the fact that somethings are worth far more to an individual than anyone would ever be willing to pay them for it. I have a number of old circulated coins that were my Grandfather's that will never be sold.

Also, "You'll have to take if from my cold, dead fingers" and variations there of are in common use (al least where I live).

Here is another one I have posted before I think. It served as a paperweight on my Dad's desk for 30 years before he died.

It weighs 5 oz

gabiobv.jpg

gabirev.jpg

gabiedge.jpg

MM

Jeff is not the only one hoarding silver--getting ready for the inevitable jump...here's a bunch of "bullion" I should probably get around to searching through.....plus I have my "registry" slabs

66285.jpg.65f67295e2fbbfe3c0c7cac94289b0ca.jpg

66286.jpg.57f2b04197e5b488b1526e6f098a8798.jpg

66287.jpg.9bb645e2600fe1c87b8b5629f4b4d318.jpg

66288.jpg.d6c95bed529179befbe9185db07475bc.jpg

66289.jpg.87eccd5a69e5670d179f15110f0f5701.jpg

zrlevin-I don't have a lot of use for Franklin Mint products in general, but this silver map struck my fancy and has been on my wall for roughly 30 years. One came up for auction "down under" within the last year so others do exist.