• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffalo Before and After

11 posts in this topic

Just a little before and after on a buffalo nickel that used to reside in one of my albums. It was upgraded about two years ago, so rather than have it continue to rot away I sent the coin into NCS for help and am quite happy with the results. I am disappointed in the final, I got cleaned look, but that was to be expected on a coin with such harsh corrosion.

IMG_3577.jpgIMG_3014-1.jpg

This photo is very bright and coin looks more washed out than in hand. Color is more like the after reverseIMG_3572.jpgIMG_3016-1.jpgIMG_3573.jpg

I liked it with the skin better but you did not have a choice.....the corrosion had to be removed to prevent further damage and stabalize the coin. You made the right choice and there are plenty of collectors who wouldn't mind adding that piece to there collections (thumbs u

I agree with everyone else. The coin is much improved. In my mind, "conservation" of a scarce piece like the 37 3 legged buffalo is almost a DUTY...so it will be around for future collectors. I'd say...good decision...and NCS did a good job.

RI AL