• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like I'm gonna need to sell some coins...

29 posts in this topic

It gets about the same mileage as my old truck, but this one is shiny...kinda makes me want to polish some coins! lol

Cool. I hear they are pretty much giving away trucks these days, because no one wants to pay for the gas. And you bought domestic? They probably paid you to take that one.

Not for pickups...they seem to be holding their value.

My Lincoln Navigator just broke, and I decided to get rid of it. I bought my grandfather's Chevrolet Prizm, from him, and that car is quite small. It turns on a dime and gets 40mpg, though. (shrug)

Oh yeah, but I need to learn to drive a five-speed. :eek:

Cool. I hear they are pretty much giving away trucks these days, because no one wants to pay for the gas. And you bought domestic? They probably paid you to take that one.

Not for pickups...they seem to be holding their value.

My Lincoln Navigator just broke, and I decided to get rid of it. I bought my grandfather's Chevrolet Prizm, from him, and that car is quite small. It turns on a dime and gets 40mpg, though. (shrug)

Just remember not to ride the clutch pedal, and, oh yes, there is no such thing as power shifting in a Prizm.

Chris

Thanks guys, and no doubt it's AT, after all, you can't get a color called "inferno red" without a taco bell napkin involved somewhere! As for driving a stick, it takes some getting used to but once you get into it, you'll love it! My last truck had a 5-speed, but this one has a 6-speed so it's a little freaky driving to get on the highway and then shifing into another gear that used to be where reverse was! But so far I like it, I used to cruise at 80 at 2500 rpms, now in 6th, it cruises at 80 at only 2000, so better on gas. And it even has cruise control!

Very nice truck!! My dodge stays parked most of the time...5.9 engine gives it worse milage the my wife's Suburban!! I motor around town and commute with my Neon...35-40 mpg depending if I drive normally or have some fun with the 5 speed. :devil:

Geez... they still make manual drive cars that are not sports cars? I'm shocked! :o

The last vehicle I drove with manual transmission was a Harley!! :headbang: But that was over 20 years ago!! :boo:

Scott :hi:

You know, I have yet to buy a new vehicle with an automatic, last one a 5-speed, this one a 6-speed!

1 3 5

2 4 6 R

Yeeh Hawwww!!!!

And yes, there are good deals on trucks right now, this one was about $8K under sticker.

Nice truck, Jeff.

I noticed that they were selling one year old (2007) Ford Explorers with less than 10,000 miles at the dealers for $22,000. ($18,000. off new sticker). If I could sell my old one, I would have bought one. I only drive mine about 6,000 miles per year. Not enough to justify buying a new car which would maybe get maybe 8-10 MPG better mileage in mixed city/highway driving.

I drive a 1997 Fire Engine Red Dodge Dakota that has 48,000 miles on it with a 5 speed along with a HD clutch. The engine is a 2.5L Magnum engine that I will keep driving until the cows come home. I have hauled just about everything in the back of that truck, wood, cement, bricks, plywood, sand, dirt, plants, tools, christmas presents, fishing poles, camping equiment and inside the cab has seen a coin or two!

Ok, but how bout the gas!

Yes, that's what I thought too. My big old Buick Park Avenue can get 28 MPG doing 70 on the Interstate, but it still costs more than $50 to fill it up if it's close to bone dry. :sumo:

It sure is a pretty truck though. (thumbs u

I hope you got a good deal given the gas situation.

I'm thinking about getting a new tow vehicle in form of a truck as well! They seem to be very cheap right now. Luckily for me, I already have a small car (Cobalt, 29 mpg city, 35 hwy!) and a decently fuel efficient SUV (Escape, 20 mpg city). Actually, the darned Escape is as good as 28+ mpg on road trips to Chicago. Problem is, it won't tow much. But I use it often when loaded down with cargo, and it is the ideal coin show vehicle, since my stack of coin stuff fits neatly in the back. No way is the Cobalt a hauler.

Beautiful truck - I like the Rams a lot, and really like that color!

I drive a 1997 Fire Engine Red Dodge Dakota that has 48,000 miles on it with a 5 speed along with a HD clutch. The engine is a 2.5L Magnum engine that I will keep driving until the cows come home. I have hauled just about everything in the back of that truck, wood, cement, bricks, plywood, sand, dirt, plants, tools, christmas presents, fishing poles, camping equiment and inside the cab has seen a coin or two!

My old truck was a 1998 Dakota that was emerald green with a 3.9L Magnum and a 5-speed. It is still a great truck, but unfortunately mine had 142,000 miles on it, so it was time to get a new one. I actually thought about keeping it, but I just don't have anyplace to store it where I am now, and if I were to try to sell it, the market for used trucks around here is such that I doub't I'd get much for it. For that one, I really loved the color, and it was one of the last ones made before the Germans took over (those geniuses eliminated emerald green in favor of burnt orange doh!). When I got that one in 1998, I wanted that color and they got one from Ohio and delivered it to Indiana for me. This time, there were no colors offered that really struck me like that, so they had three colors on the lot, inferno red, flame red and slate or natural gravel or some such thing (basically gray). So I took this one and I've already put 12 miles on it, now it has 54! I'll probably put about 500 on this weekend though. And it has a 26 gallon tank, so filling up will be shocking at first, but my commute is only 10 miles a day on the highway, so I'll still only go through 2.5 gallons a week just like before.

The good news is that is seems everytime I buy a new truck, the economy is frightful, last time was right after long term capital blew up and we had the Asian financial crisis, but then after that we had 2 years of internet bubblemania, so maybe now we can have 2 years of commodity bubblemania! And Rons, as for discounts, I am not in such a big hurry to sell since I actually financed it (they gave me an extra $1K rebate just to finance with no prepayment penalty) so as long as I pay it off over the next year or so I'll be happy!

Don't you know it. I turn 65 in about three weeks and lose my Disability Insurance income. I go unto a pension, however they are not nearly equal financially, and I can't sell my house in this blasted market. The lot in Oregon just sits empty until this house sells and we lose money each month. Plus, my stock are in the hole now and I don't want to have to sell them to supplement my income. It all comes together at the same time! The next six months will be interesting.

Charlie, I am sure sorry to hear about your situation, my prayers will be with you, as I hope everything works out for you.