• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US Mint - Order keeps getting delayed - Not sure what to do..

12 posts in this topic

Well I can't find the usmint's email for customer service, so I'm deciding whether to call them.

I placed my order at the USMint for a uncirculated 1/10 oz gold buffalo on 7/26/08 .

I received notice that it was put in backorder. So far, it has been delayed twice. Low and behold, I get another email today saying "backorder, expected ship date 9/10/08"

Should I call the US mint to get this straightened out or will it fix itself?

Thanks

Kevin this is norm for the US mint. They may be moving thier ship dates back or production being held up for something. You have to be very patient with them. When you buy something from them again in the future, just remember, don't expect it when you want it.

I just had a weird situation with my order.

I ordered my annual Proof sets now that the complete silver set is now available. At the check out they are only billing me for the other coins; the silver Proof set is not being billed to me at this time. Yet, the indicator reads, "product available." I guess that means there will be a delay in shipping the silver set. (shrug)

We are at the last part of the eighth month of the year, and the mint still can't get the complete silver sets out. What is going on?

I ordered my annual Proof sets now that the complete silver set is now available. At the check out they are only billing me for the other coins; the silver Proof set is not being billed to me at this time. Yet, the indicator reads, "product available." I guess that means there will be a delay in shipping the silver set. (shrug)

We are at the last part of the eighth month of the year, and the mint still can't get the complete silver sets out. What is going on?

I have a subscription for these Bill and they are not showing to ship until 09/08/08.

I order them using the subscription option, and I received an e-mail yesterday notifying me that the Silver Proof Sets had been shipped.

Stinky, If I had known sooner, you could have had the two 1/10th oz. that I ordered. I received them 3 weeks ago, but I returned them to get the 1/4th oz. instead.

Chris

You know I just noticed also on the US Mint site that my silver proof set was sent UPS. All my subs have always went by USPS. I've never paid the extra for UPS. I wonder if they've changed to UPS altogether?