• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

an idea and request made :)

8 posts in this topic

i was wondering what people thaught of the idea to add a "numismatic related donation station" area. some place where all that can be posted in NON profit related givaways and such items. like if i have 10 copies of a book i would give them to new members. it would also be a good place for new members to stop by and see if the info they are searching for is in paper form and or being givin away. the times are hard and i know buying new books and such can get costly.

just a thaught.

what do you all think? the idea was brought on by the Pay It Forward posts. i was just thinking a more permanant location.

thanks all

i dont know about ATS. i just joined there like 2 days ago. i just think that instead of trying to sell old books and mags for a lil money it would be more helpful to others to get that info.

I think it would be a good idea if people actually used it.

Or if there was more of a variety of things being offered. I'd be more interested in putting things up for trade in the 'pay it forward' if there seemed to be any chance that someone would pay it forward with something I was actually interested in. Maybe that's not the intent of paying it forward, but I see Ant's idea as being more of a 'trade' than just a 'donation'.

there is such a place already...it's called Tradingslabs.com......great, friendly board with people trade slabs and raws or sell doubles or upgrades...plus they have a free "library" where members can borrow books and all they have to do is pay postage...

PS: we are getting ready to start our "best sets" competition for 2008..winners for best classical set, best modern set and best personalized set win a super looking plaque--very classy looking

http://tradingslabs.com/4coinnuts/index.php

thanks for the best sets pump :)

i was thinking more on the rounds of donation, no shipping fees. or nothing over say 2.50 for shipping and item must be free. i have tons of mags and such to GIVE away to new numismatics people. i do like the pay it forward and would even recomend making that in its own spot and not just a post that goes hiding on second page.

as a new person yrs ago ( and partialy today) it is always good to get a free mag or book to help in my collecting needs. then hand it off to someone else. i know its hard GIVING things away when there can be a lil made off of it , but in my mind i make more by helping than charging.

like my site, people say 5c listing fees ill never make money fast! but to me its not about the fast money . its about the service im providing. pluss it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy to give :)

lets give the "pay it forward" its own spot :)

everyone has at least one coin that all they could get is $5 if that that would make someone very very happy :)