• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick Montgomery? Has he left PCGS (CU/PSA) for NGC (SGC)?

30 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I have been asked not to comment, but I will confirm there is some sort of a change of the guard happening over at PCGS.

The sad part is, more are to come. I predict late next year another major one will happen.

All of us dealers wonder what in the world D. Hall is thinking?

Good to see you post here Laura! Please come more often! Late next year huh? I'm really questioning if CU will be a viable entity by then given their financial woes. I wonder what the ramifications for the coin market would be if PCGS went away? Perhaps D. Hall would take the company private. Who knows?

Andy laugh.gif

why did BETA fail? The quality really WAS better!

Regarding Wallstreetman- if it has to do with COINS (and not personalities) I do like the variety of opinions.

It's when agendas and "hollywood" get in the way the 'yawn' factor kicks in.

Never underestimate the power of marketing. Look at who is considered number one (by the majority of coolaid drinkers) in the coin grading world! wink.gif

(Sony) Beta format competed side-by-side with VHS for awhile. You had to buy a Beta VCR or VHS VCR. Selection of tapes in Beta format never kept up, finally disappeared.

DH is definitely out of control. He is making the wrong decisions for the wrong reasons. He is going to program his company for failure if this continues. They have lost sight of their customers and dealers who sell their product. This is a sure formula for failure.

I am going to slowly convert my PCGS coins to NGC. Because, if he does not grab hold of this business and put in on track, he will not have a company in 6 months or less. tongue.gif

Because Sony wanted companies to pay royality payments in order to use the beta format which was superior. They allowed any compay to use VHS for free. The marketplace was flooded with VHS machines and tapes and beta never recovered.

For what it's worth: The larger, professional (and expensive!) cameras used at TV stations still use BETA.

It is only the home use of these cameras and machines that went with VHS.

(Perhaps D. Hall would take the company private. Who knows?)

David Hall has been dumping stock at the lows! Alot of the top officers are selling! Something has been happening for months now.

I have no idea why this thread was resurrected confused.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif Because we now have the answer that, yes, Rick Montgomery has left PCGS and gone to NGC. confused-smiley-013.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif Because we now have the answer that, yes, Rick Montgomery has left PCGS and gone to NGC. confused-smiley-013.gif

Just found it while doing some back reasearch. This thread is sort of like a time capsule in a wierd way. It hold the thoughts and feelings at the time. I found two other threads similar to this one while searching that had the same predictions for PCGS. However PCGS is still here. Sometimes it is fun to look at the past and see where we have been but to also take the past to look at our situation now and in the future. Plus an intresting read I never knew there were such thoughts. A history lesson for sure.

As far as my sigline I got both Haydens and Xpipedreamr's permission to use it. The dog is also Xpipes dog Bogie. I am actually going to change it Monday. I will proably change it every Monday.