• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 20 - Here it is....

28 posts in this topic

What was the most recent date in which the United States minted two completely different designs of the same denomination for general circulation (excluding statehood quarters)?

First post that correctly answers the above question wins two Intercept Shield Double Protection Boxes and a copy of "The U.S. Rare Coins Handbook for Collectors and Investors" authored by Les & Sue Fox.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Just a guess but...

1939 Halfpenny: The only non-commemorative coin to have two different reverse designs circulating in the same year.

I guess that would be the buffalo/jefferson nickels, both were minted in 1938. smile.gif Unless you consider things like die varieties as completely different designs. I really like these numisma-quests by the way. I wouldn't have thought to look that info up for any other reason but it's nice to know offhand. laugh.gif

The question: What was the most recent date in which the United States minted two completely different designs of the same denomination for general circulation (excluding statehood quarters)?

The answer: 1938 for Buffalo and Jefferson Nickels.

The winner is Evillage Prowler!

Your prize is two Intercept Shield Boxes and a copy of "The U.S. Rare Coins Handbook for Collectors and Investors.

The winner of the drawing from all the remaining contestants who answered correctly..... is mhooten

Your prize is a NGC display box which holds 20 encapsulated coins.

Congrats to our winners.

Thanks to all!

Thanks, Danielle. Please note that my postal addr changed. (I emailed you with the new one.)

BTW, I think my original answer is the more correct one, based on the way you phrased your question. The 2000 Sac's were indeed minted in 1999, as were the 1999 SBA's.

Thus, hrlaser's answer is also correct (but late).

EVP

Thanks, Keith. I didn't realize I was so close to the next post. Technically, though, I think I have grounds to claim that my first response was the actual correct one.

EVP

Thank you NGC! I have received the box in good order! (Always wanted one of these!)

Hoot