• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: My most gracious thanks to all!!

67 posts in this topic

Bobby my dear friend,

I am so saddened to hear of your wife's passing, although you knew it was near, there is no way to ever really prepare for such a significant loss. You have always been a true friend for me whether it be hobby related or personal related. Your support and guidance provided to me over my last year has been so inspirational. I am so sorry Bobby, you will always be in my thoughts and prayers. I am truly at a loss for words here, God Bless my dear friend.

Rey

I have been largely off the boards this last week and this is the first I have seen this thread. Truly, words cannot capture what I would like to express. I am sorry for your loss.

Bobby, all my wishes are with you for support tomorrow and I hope that her service is as beautiful as your wife was to you. All my best in your time of trial, Bobby. I signed your quest book out of respect for you, your wife and family.

Charlie

Well Bobby,

I had been staying away from the board as my cracked rib has been healing. Anyhow I opened my PM's other day and saw one. Read it and just thought "Wow that really sucks." At this same time I was overcome with joy as I know there will be no more pain. Lost too many close relatives to this and it sucks big time. Being one of the forum members who has actually met Bobby I can say he is one of the best on here. Not that anybody is per say lower, but if you ever get the chance to meet him you will know what I mean. Take care of yourself Bobby and try not to let yourself get to depressed. She is no longer hurting anymore and that is what you must remember. Charish the memories and live out live as she would want you to live. -God bless.

My dad was born and died on July 25. I still miss him since I was only 16 when he died. Death is an enemy and shall some day be destroyed! Until then, it's just part of being part of the human race. It still bites, though. :sorry:

I want to thank everyone for thier wishes, thoughts, and prayers. Also for the beautiful Flowers Rons. My wife passed away this evening. I'm thankful that God waited until I was home from work so I could be by her side. She fought her cancer for 3yrs and 3mos. The battle is finally over for her but she left me with an inspiration that will last me the rest of my life as a person that had so much strength. She was one heck of a trooper. Thank you all very much again for your support. This forum is my escape from reality, and Ya'll are and have been very good friends to me. I may just be posting a little slower for a bit but I will remain around. Thank you all again!!!!!!!!!!!!

My deepest sympathy. It is never easy. My Father passed away three years ago.He was on Kidney Dialysis. He did not last as long.I traveled from Florida to Texas to be with him and was there about three months but could not be there when he passed.

Sorry to hear about Your Loss. You will be in my Prayers. Remember the Time spent together. She will be waiting for you when the time comes,only in Gods time. God Bless. Brian

I just had to get on here tonite to say that the NGC Forum Community sent the most beautiful flower arrangements for my wife. I will never be able to express my thank you's enough. BTW, they were the largest arrangement of anything there!! Thank ya'll again for your support & generosity.

I think I can speak for all that contributed when I say when one of our forum friends is hurting....we all hurt....it was the very least we could do. :(

I think I can speak for all that contributed when I say when one of our forum friends is hurting....we all hurt....it was the very least we could do. :(

I agree with Shane. :(

My deepest sympathies.

Thanks all. I have to admit that I didn't know if I was going to be able to handle the viewing tonite. I almost didn't make it inside the funeral home the other day to set-up the burial arrangements. When I seen my wife laying there so peaceful, it gave me a small sigh of relif that she was no longer sick and in pain. She loved her flower garden and there were soo many flowers surrounding her, that I just knew that she was going to be ok. Today is our anniversary, and at least I was able to see her again before I have to bury her tommorow. When I read ya'lls posts, I can actually feel your compassion. and I am so grateful to be a part of this forum. Thank ya'll again!!!

Bobby, if you can make it through this, you can make it through anything. My heart sincerely goes out to you for all you've had to endure this week. Life is not fair and you needn't look any further to see proof of it. We are all here for you whenever you need support.

I know that most people when ordering flowers never know what are sent. I just wanted to thank everyone again for the flowers. They meant alot to me and I know would have meant alot to my wife!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart ya'll!!

Funeralday106.jpg

Thanks for sharing Bobby.....the flowers look beautiful and if it brightened such a sad day for you in even the smallest way then the forum members succeeded in their shared goal.

I hope you and your family can continue through the grieving process and you will all take some comfort in knowing that there are a lot of internet strangers all over the country saying prayers and wishing you all well :foryou:

Bobby, IMHO I think we are all glad that you are back with and hope that you are feeling a little better now.

Thanks OT3. I pop in once in awhile to get my mind off things but don't usually stay as long as I used to. I will soon. take care my friend!

Bobby,

I get choked up reading this thread. The flowers are beautiful now, but some day, they will be gone. Life is so short, and I am glad you were able to enjoy much of yours with someone so wonderful as your wife.

Bobby, I've had a hard time trying to find the words to tell you how sad this has made me. It is still difficult for me coping with the loss of Mom. As with Mom, I know that if Barbara could say anything to you right now, it would be, "Don't stop living your life. You must go on, and you must be strong. I love you!"

Thanks for showing us the flowers. They're beautiful!

Chris

(worship) (worship) (worship) This forum's generosity has over-whelmed me beyond belief and words. You all have brought tears to my eyes for gratitude, gratefulness, compassion, generosity, and most of all, friendship! I send my prayers back to all of you that nothing this devastating ever happens to you or any of your family members. God Bless all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!