• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about buffalo nickels?

22 posts in this topic

With all the coin threads here we can have a buffalo nickel thread too.

These were the first set I collected and most came right from circulation. I finally completed the set in low grade but had to buy the '13 type II mint mark issues, '14-D, '15-S, '17-S, '18-D, '21-S, '26-S and '31-S. I had most of the '20's issues before I finally found the '38-D. It must have been hoarded.

These were the first set I collected and most came right from circulation. I finally completed the set in low grade but had to buy the '13 type II mint mark issues, '14-D, '15-S, '17-S, '18-D, '21-S, '26-S and '31-S. I had most of the '20's issues before I finally found the '38-D. It must have been hoarded.

It must of been a good many years ago when you were searching for Buffalo's from circulation.

I remember hunting for Bison's myself but that was 40 or more years ago. I only found readable dates on the common 1930's, though. The better date and mint marked coins were slick or maybe the last two digits in the date readable. I remember buying some type of acid that would bring up the date. Over 40+ years later and you can buy newly "restored" Buffalo Nickels on eBay! I don't guess much ever changes.

Here is a 1913-D Type 2 the coin grades XF45. This isn't a scarce or rare piece but I love this gray circulated look.

P2040276A.jpg

P2040277A.jpg

Jom, If you ever get tired of the 1913 Type 2 or the 1923. Give me a PM! I mightd be interested in them! Although, I am sure you have them in the save forever pile! he he.

Also some of the other Buffalo posts would really look good in my collection, as well!! I could really use a Gem rainbow 1936 Proof, 1913 Ty 1, 1938-D/S, and the other 1936 piece! Um hum!

I have some other toners in my "Library of Coins" album. If this thread stays up at the top I will have to dig that album out of the bank lock box.

Oh Well here is a NGC 1936-D graded MS67.

db498o.jpg

db498r.jpg

WoW! Those beat me! I love the 1914 and the 1916!!!!!

Well, I know one thing....You have an AWESOME Buffalo collection. Anyone who likes Buffalos should check out your Registry. They would love it. (worship)(worship)