• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found in a roll of nickels

8 posts in this topic

Thought my post ATS might be mildly interesting to y'all

I just got finished searching $50 in nickel rolls and $50 in quarters. Nothing from the quarters except some nicer than average state quarters. The nickels, however, yielded 5 coins from the 1950s (one of which I needed for an album), 4 from the 1940s including a silver 1944-D that I needed for the album, and the best of all...

...a 1905 liberty head nickel in good with some unfortunate scuffing on the obverse - but a liberty head nickel nonetheless!

So from my first $50 of nickel rolls, I silvered once and found my very first V-nickel from circulation! Both came from machine-wrapped rolls from the bank's suppliers. I was also able to knock out 15 other common dates I needed from the 80s through the 00s in very nice shape.

005-0035-850.jpg

Way to go, Michael!

I always get a kick out of the column, "Found in Rolls", in Coin World. Some people are so crooked that If they are short one cent, nickel, dime quarter or half dollar, they are liable to put in anything from a button to a manhole cover as long as it fits in the roll.

Chris

That's pretty cool. I like the way that you're collecting from circulation, too. (thumbs u

Nice! I've never found anything but a silver war-time nickel in the nickel rolls. But a Liberty Head is a very cool find!