• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Feedback... what the heck?

14 posts in this topic

1 coin and 2 supply purchases I'd made through ebay arrived today and I went to leave feedback for them. 2 things stuck out at me:

1: Went I went to leave feedback, a "notice" popped up in the middle of the screen telling me that sellers can no longer leave buyers negatives or nuetrals so I should "be honest" about my "feelings" on the transaction. I was thinking, what the heck? It reads like I'm being encouraged to neg or nuetral if I'm the slightest bit unhappy.

2: They have to have seriously changed how feedback is calculated because, without receiving any new feedback, my feedback score just jumped from 98 to 120. Wow!

Edited to add:

1 more thing: Several sellers seem to be stiffing me on feedback. This doesn't seem all that fair. I left them positives.

my feedback score is 606 but the 99.8 i had is now a 99.4 due to a feedback left by someone that said they didnt get what was shown . he got what was shown + a free coin and said the picture showed 6 coins when he got 3. when in fact the 3 coins showed obv and rev. so now my score goes down due to a SLOW person.

ihave found a program for auctions and will be setting it up. i dont know about others but i feel even more unsafe buying from new people now on ebay. im tired of the fees going up 2 times a yr.......

i may even close my ebay account.and we all know how they are trying to make it paypal only :(

mine jumped from 997 to 1083...don't know how it was factored but I'm kinda dissapointed I missed the notice/email and special junk that comes with getting a new color star...

Mine went from 212 to 335, and the one lone neg I received several years ago from a wacko in KY has been removed. Now, I am 100%!

Is it possible that they are adding multiple purchases that are on the same invoice?

Chris

Mine jumped to 1830 from 15xx, can't remember the last two. I am 99.99% for positive feedback over the last 12 months.

So eBay won't let me leave a Neg as a seller? How about not letting non-paying bidders leave neg feedback for me? Makes too much sense I guess.

upon further review...the jump is from repeat/multi item buyers having each one count...but we only get 1 counted from a seller still

also our Positive % is now factored only for a 12 month period...so if no negs in the next 12 months you'll be back to 100%

on a personal note--my % went down...3 negs on 998 transactions 99.7% was a better percent than my 99.4% for 1 negative in my 158 sales this year..

I am still at 100%, but was somewhat surprised when my number went from 1019 to 1111, which was a cool number until today when it went up to 1112.

I have to ask: Where have all of you been?

When eBay made the announcement about Feedback changes, people on these message boards were up in arms SO MUCH that the topic went on for WEEKS ON END, people searching for alternate locations to sell their coins, even start up sites that were offering no charges for listings -- you name it.

The basic deal is this:

1. Sellers cannot leave negative or neutral feedback. This change was announced months ago, but did not take effect until now. It is INTENDED to allow buyers the chance to leave HONEST feedback with the fear of retaliation. (I am just relaying eBay's company line, so don't shoot the messenger).

2. The other part of the program was the "Repeat buyer program" for feedback. Previously, once you bought an item from a seller, and you left feedback, no matter how many more times you bought from him/her again, it never affected your feedback rating. eBay changed that months ago so that buyers and sellers could have the impact of ONE feedback impact per week. However, they were also working on their system to run a program that would go back (I am not sure how far, a couple months, the beginning of the year, or what-have-you), to capture the same data, repeat transactions with repeat sellers/buyers, which occurred in different weeks. This is why people had their scores suddenly increase.

If you search the message boards here from a couple months ago, you will find that this was BIG NEWS and caused QUITE AN UPROAR.

Mike

1 coin and 2 supply purchases I'd made through ebay arrived today and I went to leave feedback for them. 2 things stuck out at me:

1: Went I went to leave feedback, a "notice" popped up in the middle of the screen telling me that sellers can no longer leave buyers negatives or nuetrals so I should "be honest" about my "feelings" on the transaction. I was thinking, what the heck? It reads like I'm being encouraged to neg or nuetral if I'm the slightest bit unhappy.

2: They have to have seriously changed how feedback is calculated because, without receiving any new feedback, my feedback score just jumped from 98 to 120. Wow!

Edited to add:

1 more thing: Several sellers seem to be stiffing me on feedback. This doesn't seem all that fair. I left them positives.

From what I understand, the non-paying bid process is still in place,and in fact the tools that sellers have to manage bidders have been enhanced.

But correct, sellers cannot leave negative feedback. Their idea is that if a buyer pays, they completed the transaction. Then, if the item wasn't shipped for two weeks, or was not as advertised, they don't want buyers to get penalized for mentioning that in feedback, with retaliatory feedback. eBay essentially found that they were "the few, the proud" the marketplace, where sellers rate buyers. Buyers, as a rule, rate merchants. Again, I am repeating eBay's company line, so please don't shoot the messenger.

So eBay won't let me leave a Neg as a seller? How about not letting non-paying bidders leave neg feedback for me? Makes too much sense I guess.

rantrant

Mine only went from 99.7 to 99.8 percent .... :)

OT:

Almost broke top 10 with Modern GOLD/Plat Commems - Really tough to assemble this set