• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Foursome.

17 posts in this topic

Here's a foursome I just picked up from our very own Krypto Man. The images are by Shane, and I think he did an excellent job.

The obverse toned Roosie is a MS66*, the reverse toned Roosie is a MS67*, the Washie is a MS67, and the Frankie is a MS65FBL. IMO the Washie should be starred, so I'll be sending that back for a designation review at some point in time. Also, IMO the Frankie is NOT FBL (take a look at the lower set of lines just to the right of the crack), but it is a very pretty coin and works well with the rest of the coins. It may or may not get starred (NGC tends to be pickier for reverse toners) so I may send it in to see if gets starred. I'm contemplating putting all four in a multi-coin holder.

Roosevelt57D_N66Star_125.jpg

Roosevelt57D_N66Star_125Rev.jpg

Roosevelt57D_N67Star_150.jpg

Roosevelt57D_N67Star_150Rev.jpg

Washington57D_N67_200Rev.jpg

Washington57D_N67_200.jpg

Franklin57D_N65fbl.jpg

Franklin57D_N65fblRev.jpg

Hot dog, that Franklin is amazing. I agree that the FBL designation looks a little suspect, but that is an amazing coin! I've already laid claims to Shane's next 1957 FBL toner when he finds one, so I hope he can find one as nice as that one.

Sy, no matter how many times I open one of your posts I'm always sent to :cloud9:

Agreed on the FBL, seems to have a nick along the lines.

Question, if you send it back for a star review, can they strip the coin of its FBL lable?

Question, if you send it back for a star review, can they strip the coin of its FBL lable?

To the best of my knowledge, no.

wowzer, I feel like im in vegas again.... neon! nice stuff!

(thumbs u

Beautiful pastel colors, Sy. Nice!

Nice mint set toners! I was considering that 57 Washie but when I asked Shane

about he said it was sold. I do love the colors!

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Thanks everybody for all the nice comments!

... You just keep raising the bar don't you? ...

Well, in the old days you could often find me hanging around a bar, so it's only fitting to be doing something productive with a bar now-a-days. doh!

To the best of my knowledge, no.

Yes they can - They can REGRADE/REDESIGNATE ANY COIN THEY FEEL IS NOT GRADED PROPERLY even if sent in for a reholder!