• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does it bother you

26 posts in this topic

When some one bids on three of four of your items ... and then 10-20 minutes later retract all the bids.

If you do not know why this is done - It is to find the current bidders highest bid price ... If its too high for what he wanted to pay he retracts the bids ...

I just remprimanded a Board member on just such a tactic ... was I wrong in "verbally lashing" him for doing this ...

I think you were correct to warn someone against this high bid revealing practice. There are not many instances where I believe one should retract a bid and I have a hard time believing that someone could put multiple bids down and then a short time later retract them with a good reason. However, if they gave you a good reason then perhaps it was legitimate. Overall, though, I think most folks who do this do it with the motivation that you described.

I add these people to my blocked bidder list. It's worse when the people come back a couple days later and retract the bid. eBay should ban people with a certain percentage of retracted bids. :censored:

Mike I didn't retract them. My account is now closed because they cancelled my auctions on me. The ebay rep said it was because someone complained about me not showing the whole slab. So I told her I was sick of there *spoon* and they can cancel my account and they did. So sorry I pissed you off.

eBay has a policy that you can be suspended if you abuse the bid retraction feature. However, I don't think they enforce it. I've seen users with several HUNDRED retractions over a 6 month period and they are still active.

Mike I didn't retract them. My account is now closed because they cancelled my auctions on me. The ebay rep said it was because someone complained about me not showing the whole slab. So I told her I was sick of there *spoon* and they can cancel my account and they did. So sorry I pissed you off.

Well now, that puts things in a whole new light.

They wont suspend the account but they will not let you retract another bid for a certain period. I don't know what the period is, though.

If you have troubles with any bidder you can always do what Greg says, Just block them. I have blocked a few, myself. I am blocked from bidding by a few over grader and skumbucket sellers as well!

I am even blocked from bidding in their auctions by the Evil Empire! Although, I blocked myself before they blocked me!!!

Your three bids in my auctions do show "no longer a registered user".

Who is the "evil empire"? Just curious.

LUKE.jpg

Harvey, your a good egg by coming out and not hiding...e-bay can get on your nerves. If you had active bids and your account was closed at your request, it probably was hind sight that it would derail others active auctions. Perhaps it was a bit drastic to do so at this point and time?

The Bush Administration!!! :devil: They is da devil!!!

Don't be so narrowminded. It's not just the Bush Administration, it's all politicians.

Chris

LUKE.jpg

Harvey, your a good egg by coming out and not hiding...e-bay can get on your nerves. If you had active bids and your account was closed at your request, it probably was hind sight that it would derail others active auctions. Perhaps it was a bit drastic to do so at this point and time?

Yes it was a little drastic, but it drives me nut's. All these people can list 100's of obvious fakes and get a way with it. I dont post the whole slab just a cropped version with the insert there and I get all mine pulled. To all who I had listing's with I aplogize I should have thought before losing my cool.

We can all get on edge sometimes without thinking of what might happen around us. Every action causes a reaction. I'm sure you weren't thinking of this when ebay was upsetting you Harv. I think you could've PM'd mike about this but I give you respect for doing it in a post. I also think that if Mike knew it was you who retracted, that a PM to you would have been a little more respectful. If he didn't know your Ebay name, then all was done right. No offense Mike!!

Both happened and was discussed

Glad to hear it Mike. I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone and also what happened may have just inspired your post. Either way I hope I didn't offend you, wasn't trying to.

The only valid reason for retracting a bid in my book is a typo. Typed 277 instead of 27 or something like that.

In my book, Harvey is a a good character from what I've seen.

I didn't know you could retract a bid. How does one do this? If I make a mistake in the future and bid on the wrong object I'd like to be able to retract it. So where does one retract?

I didn't know you could retract a bid. How does one do this? If I make a mistake in the future and bid on the wrong object I'd like to be able to retract it. So where does one retract?
see here

The only valid reason for retracting a bid in my book is a typo. Typed 277 instead of 27 or something like that.

In my book, Harvey is a a good character from what I've seen.

Exactly. I have only did it once. I bid $1000.00 instead of $100.00