• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1909-S Lincoln just won - your opinion (real)?

8 posts in this topic

It's probably real, but I have a problem with eBay sellers who image their coins with such a tilt to it. The Lincoln isn't tilted as much as his other items for sale, but looks cleaned, unless the image is the result of too much lighting.

Nothing throwing me off as it being fake. It looks to have some corrosion issues and I can't tell but looks like some possible cleaning lines on the Obv?? Another thing that's odd tho', is this thing missing the "L" in liberty?

Thanks.

I noticed that missing or weak "L" also. I looked at a lot of slabbed one of Heritage and this one looked very similar to many (except the weak "L")...

A lot of his other coins are definitely cleaned. When I get this one I'll post a good pic. As long as it is genuine and looks at least as good as the pic I think I'll be satisfied at the price.

Thanks. Additional comments definitely appreciated.

- Bruce :-)

If those are scratches or hairlines on the obverse then I wouldn't want it, otherwise it's an ok example. I'd prefer it a more chocolate brown.

I'm going to guess and say that the coin is not cleaned. I think the color is off due to poor white balance and a bit too much light. That green background isn't helping either. Still, the reverse could have some spotting issues or that may be just good old fashoned dirt. The grade looks about right too. Make sure you post good pictures when it comes in.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I will post some nice pics when I receive it. It will be interesting top see what the marks are on the obv.

Look real, but looks like you're then end user paying full retail, unless the coin appears about 5X's better, in hand.