• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 18 - Happy 5th of July!

16 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Which American from a prominent numismatic family won a gold medal at the first modern Olympics in 1896?

First post that correctly answers the above question wins a six month subscription to Numismatic News.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

smile.gif

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

• Administrator

The question:

Which American from a prominent numismatic family won a gold medal at the first modern Olympics in 1896?

The answer: Robert Garrett

The winner is gmarguli!

Your prize is a six month subscription to Numismatic News.

The winner of the drawing from all the remaining contestants who answered correctly..... is ArtR

Your prize is an Intercept Shield Double Protection Box System. (holds 10 graded coins)

Congrats to our winners.

Thanks to all!

Of all the people to beat me, it would have to be the Evil One!!! mad.gif Congrats Greg wink.gif and don't let your head explode! laugh.gif

Hoot

I'm just happy that I wasn't sniped yet again. I think I have been sniped twice by 1 minute. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

This was a tough question. I had never heard of this before. I had to look it up.

Arrgh - Greg, you're lucky I didn't guess - I was the second to view the question and I thought it was Garrett - could have gone and looked in my Bowers book, but no - more pressing matters were at hand! Bummer....congrats!