• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honesty and integrity on e-bay--NOT!

32 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, in my opinion, that's not nearly as bad as many of the seller's other coins I have seen listed. Here, for example is a so-called MS66 Indian Quarter Eagle: See here

He also intimidates some of the people who leave him negative feedback, by threatening lawsuits. And his stellar feedback is a great example of how meaningless or misleading Ebay feedback can be.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, that's not nearly as bad as many of the seller's other coins I have seen listed. Here, for example is a so-called MS66 Indian Quarter Eagle: See here

But in addition to the "Estate Quality" coin...he is throwing in...

A gold gift box and a velvet bag... :grin:

Never heard of NAC, but then I don't buy much on Ebay anymore. That half eagle appears to be about EF45-AU50, certainly not MS66. The Franklin proof is less blatant but still a misrepresentation. He would have to sue me to keep from giving him negative feedback, but I would never buy anything from him. Is he a board member ATS? If so, what is his member I.D.?

He also intimidates some of the people who leave him negative feedback, by threatening lawsuits. And his stellar feedback is a great example of how meaningless or misleading Ebay feedback can be.

Then why did you "mutually agreed to withdraw feedback"?

Because 1) it wasn't worth it to go to court with him and 2) Ebay doesn't seem to care what he does, including filing false non paying bidder claims.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, that's not nearly as bad as many of the seller's other coins I have seen listed. Here, for example is a so-called MS66 Indian Quarter Eagle: See here.

There's a hologram on the reverse of that slab that looks a little like a CAC stcker. Coincidence?

Because 1) it wasn't worth it to go to court with him and 2) Ebay doesn't seem to care what he does, including filing false non paying bidder claims.

1) Did he really file suit against you like it says in the feedback?

2) If you can show proof to eBay that you paid, they WILL care very much. If he has any history of doing this, they will kick him off eBay. You can scam people all you like, but eBay better get their fees!

I guess the crummy gold box justifies charging $14.99 for first class mail? Green sticker on the back of slab seems to say "QVC Grading". Maybe NAC is shorthand for, "Not Actually Coin" that you think you are buying? I notice that all his sales are private so that "service" (as in bull servicing) he gives customers leaves no trail. Rhetorical question, golly Mr. Know-it-all, where can you buy a real, genuine, MS66, 1911-S, quarter eagle for $565????

1) Did he really file suit against you like it says in the feedback?

2) If you can show proof to eBay that you paid, they WILL care very much. If he has any history of doing this, they will kick him off eBay. You can scam people all you like, but eBay better get their fees!

1) He threatened to, and I had good reason to think he would follow through if we didn't agree to mutual feedback withdrawal.

2) Before our "transaction" occurred, I had discussions with someone in a high position at Ebay. While I can't go into details, I made him aware of the kinds of things the seller was doing and he didn't do anything about it. He really seemed to be looking the other way and fed me some highly insulting rhetoric/bologna, as far as I was concerned.

It will be interesting to see what, if anything happens with the seller's feedback when Ebay changes its feedback policy next month.

Just out of curiosity, what are the grounds for his lawsuit? I wasn't aware that it is against the law to give negative feedback on E-Bay. He clearly states in his auction that SATISFACTION ALWAYS GUARANTEED! Even if he provides a 7 day money back guarantee, if the buyer has to return an item because the item doesn't meet the listing description, the buyer still has the right to leave negative feedback.

This guy had better hope that he has no personal affiliation with NAC or he will be the one who ends up in court as a defendant. IMO, he is hiding behind the grading opinion of the TPG (NAC), but if he is affiliated with NAC, then their opinion is actually his opinion and this becomes obvious fraud. A 1911-S Indian Quarter Eagle--hmmm! An XF/AU coin graded as a premium gem---hmmm! (tsk)

Just out of curiosity, what are the grounds for his lawsuit? I wasn't aware that it is against the law to give negative feedback on E-Bay. He clearly states in his auction that SATISFACTION ALWAYS GUARANTEED! Even if he provides a 7 day money back guarantee, if the buyer has to return an item because the item doesn't meet the listing description, the buyer still has the right to leave negative feedback.

This guy had better hope that he has no personal affiliation with NAC or he will be the one who ends up in court as a defendant. IMO, he is hiding behind the grading opinion of the TPG (NAC), but if he is affiliated with NAC, then their opinion is actually his opinion and this becomes obvious fraud. A 1911-S Indian Quarter Eagle--hmmm! An XF/AU coin graded as a premium gem---hmmm! (tsk)

My guess is that there is no truly independent grading company by the name of NAC and/or that he is a self slabber.

Mark, why did you back down? What grounds for a lawsuit could he actually have? He was probably full of bluff, anyway. We all know that he's full of something!

Mark, why did you back down? What grounds for a lawsuit could he actually have? He was probably full of bluff, anyway. We all know that he's full of something!
Victor even though I strongly believe I would have won, it would have cost time and aggravation for certain, and possibly money, as well. I have good reason to believe he would have followed through with his "bluff".

NAC- Native American Church, a religious denomination which practices Peyotism or Peyote religion, originated in the U.S. state of Oklahoma.

Peyote graded coins?

I posted a complaint on Ebay's posting board about the Chinese dealer who was openly flaunting his sale of U.S. counterfeits which, by the way, violates our laws. I asked why Ebay management only pulled his individual coins when reported as counterfeit but did not cancel his Ebay membership. The Ebay moderator pulled my posting and sent me an email telling me that my post "violated posting board rules", I can only guess why I violated Ebay's posting policy by negatively portraying this power seller as a forgery dealer and thief by deception. This appears to me as a total lack of interest in enforcement by Ebay, even of the criminal statutes of this country. Maybe I was not polite enough in my reference to the misdemeanors and felonies that Ebay was overlooking with their Power Sellers.

Well for one, the Frankie is in a slab that does not have any business representing themselves as a TPG. These NAC slabs are no better than SGS slabs.

And Mark, as for someone threatening or filing a lawsuit over negative feedback, I would think would cost them more money and you time. Most people know this would never hold ground in a court and intimidation would be the key goal here. By the looks of it, his intimidation must be working very well or he just hasn't crossed the path of the wrong person yet.

Also, he claims philly law. I don't think that a person can mandate a buyer to follow the laws of thier state, especially if the buyer lives in another. The only contract obligations that a buyer/seller have are Ebays policies and rules.

Terms of sale as per his listings:

"By bidding on the item you agree to the following terms and conditions. (1) Seller reserves the right to reject the bid and refund any monies paid if the item was incorrectly identified or is no longer available (2) Since all numbering is subjective, you are advised to closely examine the photo. In the event you submit a bid, the transaction and any disputes hereunder shall be interpreted and construed according to the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and, if litigation ensues, proper venue will lie in the Court of Common Please of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, you agree to accept service of all court actions by regular US mail; and (3) You agree to follow all of eBay’s feedback guidelines (4) Seller shall not be liable to the buyer for more than the purchase price. (5) You agree that all communication shall go through the eBay message and not private emails during the transaction. (6) You agree to be legally bound by the terms listed herein and all other laws and rules set by eBay or any other governing authority."

Perhaps a practicing attorney can let us know if such terms have any legal teeth to them.

"By bidding on the item you agree to the following terms and conditions. (1) Seller reserves the right to reject the bid and refund any monies paid if the item was incorrectly identified or is no longer available (2) Since all numbering is subjective, you are advised to closely examine the photo. In the event you submit a bid, the transaction and any disputes hereunder shall be interpreted and construed according to the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and, if litigation ensues, proper venue will lie in the Court of Common Please of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, you agree to accept service of all court actions by regular US mail; and (3) You agree to follow all of eBay’s feedback guidelines (4) Seller shall not be liable to the buyer for more than the purchase price. (5) You agree that all communication shall go through the eBay message and not private emails during the transaction. (6) You agree to be legally bound by the terms listed herein and all other laws and rules set by eBay or any other governing authority."

Perhaps a practicing attorney can let us know if such terms have any legal teeth to them.

I'm not a practicing attorny or one at all, but I think what would probably happen is that this person_too_unaware_of_social_graces would lose the case and have to pay the expenses of the defendent though it would be necessary to file a countersuit to obtain reimbursement.

I am not a practicing attorney, but it seems that he threatened a lawsuit after you left negative feedback. The only mention of feedback is (3) You agree to follow all of eBay's feedback guidelines.

I have searched E-Bay's information about feedback and this is the only thing that I could find that was remotely relevant: Note: Remember that any Feedback you leave is public and permanent, so think carefully before leaving Feedback. Make sure that comments are fair and factual. If there is a dispute, try to resolve the differences before leaving Feedback.

Normally, I won't leave negative feedback for a seller simply because I want to return an item. However, in this instance, it would be obvious to an informed buyer that the seller is engaging in fraud. Therefore, the buyer definitely has the right to return the item for a full refund and leave negative feedback.

This seller better be real careful. If he ends up with a lawyer in Mark's situation, he will face a countersuit for sure, and a good lawyer he might face a class action lawsuit.

As long as your feedback left was not slanderous, I don't see how he could have grounds for a lawsuit. Just my opinion.

I have a friend who was sued by this clown. When it went to court the charges were dropped. I believe he could be classified as a cyber bully. My buddy was still out some fees but he did emerge unscathed from this scoundrel. I advised him to contact ebay but don't know if he has yet.

I have a friend who was sued by this clown. When it went to court the charges were dropped. I believe he could be classified as a cyber bully. My buddy was still out some fees but he did emerge unscathed from this scoundrel. I advised him to contact ebay but don't know if he has yet.
That's pretty much what I would have expected. I don't think he would want to actually have a trial and be exposed for his selling practices. But Ebay appears to be enabling him by looking the other way.

Mark,

If that seller threatens you now with a lawsuit over the comments you've made on this thread, will you then go back and edit each one out?

Mark,

If that seller threatens you now with a lawsuit over the comments you've made on this thread, will you then go back and edit each one out?

No Pat. When I bid on one of his items on Ebay, I apparently agreed to his terms of sale. That does not apply here. And, without going into details, I now have more ammunition if I ever need it. ;)

And, without going into details, I now have more ammunition if I ever need it.

I hope that they're hollow points! ;)