• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NP from CSS....Guess the grade Grade posted

15 posts in this topic

The "WE" is much bolder than my amature images indicate, the toning in that area washes out some of the detail.

Take a stab and I will post the grade tomorrow.

18722Centobv.jpg

18722Centrev.jpg

Thanks as always,

Ray

That is a tough, tough date. Nice work on obtaining such an attractive piece.

Thanks Tom,

I wasn't going to attend the show because of some of the "bad" reports I heard about.

I had lots of yard work to do but the bad weather drove me to it, I had to take a look.

It is a tough coin and it took me three hours and a couple of miles of walking.

Thanks again,

Ray

Nice one Ray, I would guess they graded that MS-61 RB, though I would probably put it at an AU-55 to AU-58. A heck of a lot nicer than my VG!

Well I'm not very good with these Ray, but I'm not seeing AU by the pics. I'm gonna have to go with EF45. Still a nice 2 Cent piece! I'm gonna get one of those one day.

Nice piece with a tough date. I don't know what they graded it but I am with Jeff (AU55-58RB) because of what looks like some minor wear in the scan.

Well I'm not very good with these Ray, but I'm not seeing AU by the pics. I'm gonna have to go with EF45. Still a nice 2 Cent piece! I'm gonna get one of those one day.

I really hate this series Bobby!

The "WE" is so delicate (highest point and no protection) on these coins...........makes it so difficult to grade.

Coin looks much better in hand (my imaging still needs lots of work) as most members that image will tell you. ;)

Thanks as always,

Ray

I really hate this series Bobby!

The "WE" is so delicate (highest point and no protection) on these coins...........makes it so difficult to grade.

Coin looks much better in hand (my imaging still needs lots of work) as most members that image will tell you. ;)

Thanks as always,

Ray

No problem Ray. Like I said, I am no good at these. I have seen a few of these come thru and yes they are a booger to grade. Don't think I've come close yet. lol