• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It finally happened!

19 posts in this topic

Well...I finally took the plunge and bought a $50 buffalo. Though not a real exciting "bargain" compaired with some of the stuff you guys come up with, I got this one for about $10 above spot...including shipping. So...I'm sort of happy with the newest acquisition.

RI AL

50o.jpg

50r.jpg

Nice pickup! I'm trying to get one per year. I'm a subscriber and so far I'm two for two. Although I'm collecting the proofs. Again congratulations!

How are you going to feel about this purchase when the price of gold makes a major correction and goes back down? Will you feel that you overpaid? I've always avoided buying precious metals when the price is WAY up. Even if I feel like I'm getting a great deal and could turn around and immediately sell it for a small profit, I decline.

That's still a great looking coin, and I'm sure with the limited numbers you'll do fine.

How are you going to feel about this purchase when the price of gold makes a major correction and goes back down? Will you feel that you overpaid? I've always avoided buying precious metals when the price is WAY up. Even if I feel like I'm getting a great deal and could turn around and immediately sell it for a small profit, I decline.

I knew there would be a Scrooge in the bunch! lol

Chris :hi:

Hey, Physics.

Are you still on the high seas??

It was just a fluky thing. I found the $50 offered by a dealer "way down" in the middle of the state (about 20 minutes from here) listed in a local online newspaper. Snapped it up and it was $950 plus about $10 shipping and insurance. Of course, gold dropped like a stone today (at least last time I checked) but I am happy with the coin and still think I did OK on the deal.

RI AL

dleonard-3

No, I won't feel that I overpaid if gold plummets (more). It was a good buy at the time of purchase, and it is a coin I have been wanting for a while now. If gold drops, OH WELL...life is full of chances...this is a relatively small in in the "big scheme of things". Anyway, the coin and I...we have already bonded! My wife would like it to put in a necklace...yea....like THAT'S gonna' happen. :screwy:

RI AL

Gold may go down, but the Fed creates BILLIONS of fiat dollars every day, so if the price goes down, I'd buy more. After all, at least this is an ounce of gold, not like the 1,000 shares of Worldcom stock a co-worker bought at the bargain price of $10 a share...

Hey, Physics.

Are you still on the high seas??

RI AL

Actually, I am set to go out tomorrow. I thought I was going out yesterday, but the name of the game is hurry up and wait. There was some delay or something or other, so I'm going tomorrow morning. Don't know if I'll have internet on this next rig or not (if not, I'll talk to you guys in a couple of weeks).