• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite coin from 2007?

33 posts in this topic

Since 2007 has come and gone what was your favorite coin you bought last year. Does not have to cost alot or be the best one, just one you enjoy. Here is mine....

1892bd1.jpg

1892bdo1.jpg

1892bdr1.jpg

This 1890 Liberty Seated Dime Proof was my favorite purchase of 2007. I bought it had it conserved and graded for less than $90 and traded it this week for an 1877 Trade Dollar VF20 and a 1934 Bust Half EF45. Can't wait to get them inhand.

Jim

1890LibertySeatedDimePF61Conserved.jpg

My favorite coin from 2007 is a 1940S Walking Liberty. I've always wanted a 40S with a halfway decent strike. I purchased this Walker after looking at Supertooth's 40S in his Registry set over and over again.

Clipboard.jpg

3.jpg

I like this thread. The year 2007 didn't see all that many coins come into my collection, but there were several that were quite cool. To pick a favorite would be tough, but since I don't have great images of all of them I will simply pick one of the finalists that does have a good image-

I1892P66.jpg

I1892P66R.jpg

Thanks Bruce,

It was just not of a coin set I collect(had it been a half dime I would have kept it as I have several high end half dimes which I will keep). This was just a coin I ran across on ebay that I luckily picked up quite cheap. It looked pretty bad before conservation-I'm not talking nice toning but black, ugly fill around the letters and date obv and rev. I should get the coins tomorrow or Saturday and I'll post pics and you can tell me if they were a good trade or not.

Thanks again,

Jim

good thread...fantastic coins...that 1940-S is a WOW coin....and the 1892 Barber..oh my...doubling on that 3-center is VERY cool

Anyhow, here's my favorite..1946-S Walker MS66....I bought 2 MS67's last year also but the cartwheel luster on this is amazing...wish I knew how to accent the luster and strike...right now if I highlight skirt lines I lose the luster highlights and vice versa...sorry for the sub-par pics

55907-3113487-004O.jpg.40b920ec96b1433da8a35959199ee03a.jpg

55908-3113487-004R.jpg.e168e911b25e552c6b6de95f0e6cfeb2.jpg

Very nice coins ya'll! Looks like some fantastic purchases last year. Mine ain't nothing special but I did get it at a pretty cheap price.

1966SMSJeffersonNGCMS68SlabObv-1.jpg

I have posted this coin previously a couple of times but it is for some reason my favorite from 2007, not the most valuable but the toning is amazing, found in a West Texas Coin Shop for AU money. And wonderful images from the originator of this post Bruce Lee, thank you Bruce.

Rey

rb1936li.jpg

rb1936lio.jpg

rb1936lir.jpg

I didn't buy too many coins last year and I'm starting off even slower this year. I guess I would have to pick my icon coin as my favorite from last year.

55930-1840s.jpg.4d30c0b7154176591e28e1febc5c7fa0.jpg

My Favorite of the year, from TomB:

That coin really goes good with your collection, Zach. I was just checking it out and, in a way, I have more respect for you than any other numismatist that I have ever known because you have such a natural and keen eye for great, circulated American coinage. That speaks of loads of potential for you, especially once you get started on your career and start making some real bucks. If you've accumulated a collection like you show on your present budget, imagine what it would look like with a little more purchasing power! Great job, Zack!!

Here's my favorite coin from 2007, not because it is so pretty but because of its historical significance, price and recognition.

55935-1793o.jpg.4b3a6d11fc010d9ab244ca9aa5b76d1a.jpg

55936-1793r.jpg.8cd6f4ae4007d91187f360d21da6d301.jpg

My Favorite of the year, from TomB:

That coin really goes good with your collection, Zach. I was just checking it out and, in a way, I have more respect for you than any other numismatist that I have ever known because you have such a natural and keen eye for great, circulated American coinage. That speaks of loads of potential for you, especially once you get started on your career and start making some real bucks. If you've accumulated a collection like you show on your present budget, imagine what it would look like with a little more purchasing power! Great job, Zack!!

Hey Thanks! :blush:

A very good number of my coins used to either be Tom's or James's. ;)