• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

30e/47$ 1820 quarter...

12 posts in this topic

I don't know the variety...

It does not looked cleaned...

It looks better than a G-4 to me...I'd Say F12-F15....not knowing the series that well (thumbs u

Hello, 33333.

Regarding the 1820 quarter, it matches almost perfectly the VG 8 example in the ANA grading guide. (Gee...does anyone use this any more?) In my humble opinion it looks original and uncleaned.

As far as variety, I have examined all 5 in the Browning book, and the best that I can determine is that it is a variety 1. This variety is known for the "large, long O" not quite centered under curl. The placement of the scroll on the reverse also matches B-1. It is a Rarity 3.

Is there something going on between star 13 and the bust or is it just the picture??

RI AL

Regarding the 1820 quarter, it matches almost perfectly the VG 8 example in the ANA grading guide. (Gee...does anyone use this any more?) In my humble opinion it looks original and uncleaned.

I prefer Photograde myself, although I do own and like the ANA guide. And I agree with the VG-8 assessment.

Is there something going on between star 13 and the bust or is it just the picture??

RIAL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like 9. (clearly visible/raised)

Repressed coin (like russian 1/2 kopeks 1700->) (shrug)

or reused die...too lazy to whet the die totally blank ?

+ I used Canson extra white drawing paper as a background. (thumbs u

"It has seen a lot of history and you can tell." -Ray

+ I wonder how it arrived to Finland ? hm (I bought it from Vaasa with 30€. Quite a disappointment that its "catalog value" is only 60€ :P coinmanage08.)

1820-1.jpg