• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post the latest Coin Pic you have taken

18 posts in this topic

Love the Type Coins Victor!! :applause:

Took these yesterday before I boxed them up to go to PCGS for grading:

DSCN5620A.jpg

DSCN5624A.jpg

DSCN5626A.jpg

DSCN5628A.jpg

DSCN5648A.jpg

DSCN5650A.jpg

DSCN5651A.jpg

DSCN5654A.jpg

DSCN5655A.jpg

Without exception, everyone's pics are very professional. Me, I'm slackin' a little since all of the coins posted look much better in hand, especially the 1811 $5. To the naked eye it shows honest wear and a nice patina. My 1836 $5 even looks sickly in my pics. Now, where is Brucewar when I need him?! :þ

Well, I'm off to Vegas. I'm planning an swinging by the Imperial Palace for a coin show today as well. I'm also finally going to put my type coins in a safe deposit box for the first time---ever. :o

I hope I run into a familiar body at the show.

Later.

I worked on getting the best shot I could on this coin. The shots are a tad bigger than usual, I can make them smaller on request. Anyway here's my latest pic of a 1936 Cleveland Commemorative.

55548-1936ClevelandObversebest.JPG.d26484305ed50a48d313f09c3e2315bd.JPG

55549-1936ClevelandReverse.JPG.e471a770ab11d3ec4d320f1dfa2b1ef9.JPG

Without exception, everyone's pics are very professional. Me, I'm slackin' a little since all of the coins posted look much better in hand, especially the 1811 $5. To the naked eye it shows honest wear and a nice patina. My 1836 $5 even looks sickly in my pics. Now, where is Brucewar when I need him?! :þ

Well, I'm off to Vegas. I'm planning an swinging by the Imperial Palace for a coin show today as well. I'm also finally going to put my type coins in a safe deposit box for the first time---ever. :o

I hope I run into a familiar body at the show.

Later.

Victor, if "Frank's Coins" from the Riviera has a table and if Patrick (his brother) is there, tell him I said, "Hi!".

Chris

This is probably the toughest coin in my entire collection to photograph. The images below are my latest efforts on it and though better than my previous attempts, I still think I could do better. ;)

1886morganngcms65.jpg

There's not a single slouch image on this thread (if you discount mine :þ) but it appears that robec1347 is genius. You take amazing pics! And Chinook, the way you got the slab and coin both to look so well in one shot is a talent that I haven't quite mastered yet.

I'm amazed at how many boardsters have cameras and that they are so adept with them. It just goes to show you that a vast majority of the registered NGC board members are much more intelligent, knowledgeable and honest than most any other microcosm that one can imagine.

Oh, I spent about a half hour at the Imperial Palace coin show today. Not much interested me but I did see an NGC AU55 1795 half dime but it was dark and didn't have much eye-appeal to me. I saw lots of gold about 60% raw and the rest certified. I even saw some early gold $5 but, without exception, all of the gold that I saw was all bright and none had a natural patina on them. Saw some early commems and Battlecreek Morgans. Lots of raw coins. Not much caught my fancy since I'm a type collector. I looked at a NGC 1853 A&R quarter XF45 that didn't look too bad. It was a decent type coin but it had no bang so I passed on it. All of the SL halves that I saw were ugly. About the only coins that I saw with any life and appeal at all were the Battlecreek Morgan dollars. Apparently, all the good coins are remaining in strong collector's hands.