• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Millenia' now online; congrats to Goldberg and NGC!

6 posts in this topic

A lot of these coins were recently on display at the Goldberg auction booth at the Phoenix ANA show. I posted my impressions of the show earlier on this forum, and here is an excerpt from that post:

"I had been dying to stop by and talk with Ira Goldberg at his table regarding the upcoming 'Millenia' auction they are hosting. I was disappointed that I couldn't attend his one hour talk on Coins that Made History (if i recall the title correctly), that coincided with the upcoming auction. I was pleased to find Ira at his table, and quickly introduced myself. He personally showed me several of the 'Millenia' coins that I was interested in; to say I was speechless is certainly an understatement! Ira spent 5 years finding only the best world coins money could buy for a wealthy client of their firm, and I feel confident in saying that their client must have been thrilled at the result. Many/most of these coins must have been off the market for years or decades. Their state of preservation was astounding, and the eye appeal and strike on all of the ones I viewed were the cream of the crop. I have my eye on two in particular that I'll bid on, and with any luck, they will be mine! (cue evil laugh.....) Ira was a real pleasure to meet and quite the gentleman; it is folks like him that make numismatics fun!"

This auction is predicted to break previous auction world coin records (like the Eliasberg), and seeing the quality of the coins, I certainly concur!

Should be fun!

Here the link:

CLICK HERE!

(I'm partial to the British stuff, and man is it nice!!!)

note: i think the site is getting hammered by collectors, so the pictures may not come up right away. If not, check back later. Most of these coins are true rarities, that won't be on the market again for years or decades to come.

Not bad, but considering the hype it's kind of a letdown. (shrug) Lots of awesome stuff, but I feel like I've been hit over the head about how great this sale will be for the last six months.

I have picked out three coins that I will be going after very strong and fully intend to win.