• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good News!

30 posts in this topic

I have/had an 1892 PCGS Pr64 Cameo Barber Quarter that turned up missing 2 years ago along with a gorgeously toned 1670 thaler. I had looked everywhere for them---thoroughly!

So, I was going through my coins today to separate the wheat from the chaff and, what do I find tucked in a sock? Both of the coins I'd written off ages ago!

54012-1892BarberPR64Cameo.jpg.001a2463e80e4c5e5c747fecd9c7fdc2.jpg

54013-1670HSAustria3KBreslau.jpg.f00df3d07dcf7aa70ca3a9dc90069d1b.jpg

Man, even my cheapest, ugliest, cleaned coins are always where I know they are. Those are nice Victor. Glad ya found them.

In a sock?? What were they doing in a sock?

Beautiful coins Victor!

He did not tell you of his new coin toning technique :)

Good for you, Victor! Now, if I can just find those two 1999 Silver Proof Sets that I hid somewhere just before Mom and I left for Las Vegas.

Chris

Great news indeed! I wish I could say the same about the one coin I lost :(. Or the buffalo nickel set I had stolen :( It hurts to think about the coin I lost.

Victor---- You are too young to be loosing such coins. Especially storing them in a sock?? But, I'm glad that the coin fairy returned them to you. Now we just have to help Chris and Bruce. Bob [supertooth]

The only things that come out of my socks are little lint balls....hmmmm I sure do seem to have a lot of lint?

Anyway, glad to see you were reunited with your lost (mis-placed) coins...dazzlers!

I just now finished up my Barber Quarter set, as well. All evenly matched within a grade or two. I bought the replicas for the 1901 S and the 1913 S because I'd rather buy type! :þ

54128-1896S-BarberQuarter.jpg.956772497131c001fc96ac300700f65f.jpg

I guess that I stashed them real quick since my brother had brought home a hitchhiker and then had them at the bottom of a chest buried by other junk. And they were clean and unholed. Any other questions? :þ

I guess that I stashed them real quick since my brother had brought home a hitchhiker and then had them at the bottom of a chest buried by other junk. And they were clean and unholed. Any other questions? :þ

lol

You were afraid of a hitchhiker lol

Glad to see your coins finally showed up. :applause:

I hope you've learned something from this...

doh!

Yeah, to stick 'em in my underwear next time. :o:insane::insane::o

I have/had an 1892 PCGS Pr64 Cameo Barber Quarter that turned up missing 2 years ago along with a gorgeously toned 1670 thaler. I had looked everywhere for them---thoroughly!

So, I was going through my coins today to separate the wheat from the chaff and, what do I find tucked in a sock? Both of the coins I'd written off ages ago!

(thumbs u :applause: (thumbs u :angel: (thumbs u :applause: (thumbs u :angel:

Glad to see your coins finally showed up. :applause:

I hope you've learned something from this...

doh!

Yeah, to stick 'em in my underwear next time. :o:insane::insane::o

You'd like that, wouldn't you? :o

Did I miss it by any chance? There was a poster on one of the Forums here who had some certified Coins stolen from his home a few years ago and recently thye appeared for Sale on E Bay.

Did anybody ever hear what happened?

You were afraid of a hitchhiker

Did he have Bud Light?

many slabs would fit in my codpiece

Because there's lots of room in there?