• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there any chance that this PL Morgan could be a Cameo?

12 posts in this topic

Do they designate PL or DMPL Morgans as Cameo or Ultra Cameo at NGC?

This one is in an older NGC holder and is designated PL, but I'm not sure if they assign the cameo designation for business strikes.

I've never seen the Cameo designation either. I'm in agreement with you also Bob that the reverse field just don't seem to have the mirrored fields as the Obv does. I think the Cameo is there, just not the mirror.

I've never seen the Cameo designation either. I'm in agreement with you also Bob that the reverse field just don't seem to have the mirrored fields as the Obv does. I think the Cameo is there, just not the mirror.

I think that a certain amount of cameo is implied in the PL designation. Just like even more cameo effect is necessary to receive the DMPL designation. Therefore, saying PL CAM would be redundant redundant.

I believe CAMEO/Deep CAMEO are PROOF designations.

The PL/DMPL designations on an MS coin is liking the coin to PROOF examples.

so PL/DMPL and CAMEO should never be on the same slab.

If its holdered a PL Great ... I don tlike all the field chatter myself

Nice details and color though

Sweet lookin' '80-S! Nice lookin' pix Bob! :applause:

As mentioned previously, PL and DMPL are for business strikes. CAMEO and UCAM/DCAM are for proofs.

While I am not really a Morgan kind of a guy, my understanding is that the PL/DMPL designation has to do with the depth of the mirrors of the coin, not the cameo contrast. I have seen plenty of DMPL coins with nice mirrors but mediocre cameo contrast between the devices and the fields.