• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting die cracks in an 1818 Bust Half

19 posts in this topic

I think of Ann Rice writing about how the vampires could stand in front of a crack on a plaster wall and study it for hours...hmmm...

Is this a shatter crack? or a bisecting crack?

This coin is a really really nice blue in the upper 2/3 or so and magenta in the remaining area, but I haven't been able to get this on film no matter how hard I tried, so I'll put these up for now.

53547-1818diecrack.JPG.05e610495a4b4d7890a5f2c84b58253a.JPG

53548-1818obverse.JPG.72fed7b85907ca99dc084b2985d7946e.JPG

53549-1818reverse.JPG.ab20c7c1007eb6059f0fcb927e0a685f.JPG

Mike if you don't want that broken old thing, I'd be more than willing to help you out. She's a beauty, even if shattered. :grin:

Edited to add....I think you've captured the coin and die break very nicely. (thumbs u

Mike....That coin kicks royal rear end!!!!! Glad U got it! A prize to the highest degree!

And nice pics!

:takeit::banana::banana::banana:^^

:grin:

The cracks are spectacular and the coin appears to have truly wonderful color. I don't know if you have any RE halves with you, but the character of the cracks reminds me of those found on that lovely, short-lived series very much.

Mike....That coin kicks royal rear end!!!!! Glad U got it! A prize to the highest degree!

And nice pics!

:takeit::banana::banana::banana:^^

:grin:

Exactly what I was thinking