• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess I should do a new guy thread.

29 posts in this topic

Just joined today. I thought about joining several years ago and just could not get over the fact these boards have banned free e-mail which is what I use.

There is just too much knowledge here to stay away so I finally used my work e-mail address to get signed up.

Anyhow about me, I pretty much collect anything gold. I have tried many series over the years from 3 Cent Silvers to Morgan Dollars and the series that really held my interests were most of the gold half eagles. i.e. Classic Head, Liberty and Indian.

I have a constant thirst for learning new numismatic facts and that mostly comes from the fact I can't remember half of what I learn. :makepoint:

Hey and welcome aboard. I use a free email account and it was fine for me here. I use aol. Anyway, nice to have you over here.

Thanks,

I have pretty much everything tied to my gmail account. They don't accept gmail, yahoo or hotmail. Funnything is my DSL is through ATT who uses yahoo which is banned. :)

Welcome to the party. I use gmail, but I signed up with a different email address and just had Arch switch it over. You'll have to share those half eagles with us, I'm sure you can teach us all something.

Welcome to the party. I use gmail, but I signed up with a different email address and just had Arch switch it over. You'll have to share those half eagles with us, I'm sure you can teach us all something.

Is Arch the forum mod name? Is this a person I can PM to do this?

That is a sweet half eagle! My appetite is whetted for more!!

Yes, Arch (architect), is the forum moderator, the board cop.

Howdy and welcome Ben. It is undeniably a slower pace on the NGC boards, but the boards as a resource have a stong value. By the way, I still want that 1838-D as well as your Indian eagle I sent you a PM about at PCGS. hm:o:insane:

Just joined today. I thought about joining several years ago and just could not get over the fact these boards have banned free e-mail which is what I use.

There is just too much knowledge here to stay away so I finally used my work e-mail address to get signed up.

Anyhow about me, I pretty much collect anything gold. I have tried many series over the years from 3 Cent Silvers to Morgan Dollars and the series that really held my interests were most of the gold half eagles. i.e. Classic Head, Liberty and Indian.

I have a constant thirst for learning new numismatic facts and that mostly comes from the fact I can't remember half of what I learn. :makepoint:

Hey! Welcome to the boards. I collect about anything gold too, in fact thats all I collect! Perhaps we could get to know each other better.

You must have deep pockets, if I remember correctly dahnolga gold is expensive! Especially early gold like that!

Again welcome to the boards and I hope you have a fun time here.

Hey! Welcome to the boards. I collect about anything gold too, in fact thats all I collect! Perhaps we could get to know each other better.

You must have deep pockets, if I remember correctly dahnolga gold is expensive! Especially early gold like that!

Again welcome to the boards and I hope you have a fun time here.

No, far from deep pockets. I am selling almost everything I have to get this coin and the Charlotte first year. I will probably have to sell 20 of my other half eagles. But that is just part of the game. Re-allocating and learning. I don't know too many people that can afford to keep every coin they buy.

For me it was a matter of finally picking a series I like the most and making the commitment.

[font:Comic Sans MS]Wanna trade even stevens?[/font] :insane:

Not quite but I do have another XF45 1836 with a die crack I would trade for that. I love the color on yours.