• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is wrong with people? Example #2

22 posts in this topic

lure.jpg

You basically use the same presentation to lure a fish into taking the bait…humans are no different than a school of hungry fish going after one bait.

snap…snap…snap…hooked one, FISH ON!

doh!

"3) These have never been opened by me! "

he should have ended it by but i watched it be open.

and on the return he guarantees at least 1 1909 s

but at the end it says if opened no returns. how are we supposed to go by guarantee if we dont know what is in it. how would that work? i open and find all junk, no s vdb. but since i opened it i cant return. then there is no gaurantee. thats what im getting

just too much.....I don't think there is a person alive who knows anything about coins that wouldn't have ripped those pennies outta that roll trying to check them....the seller would have us believe that he is indifferent to the contents?...and somebody fell for it to the tune of $1200...scary...

i think every1 here should mesege ebay and ask that the "private/shill auctions" stop. i have been mesegeing for a few days already. these private auctions tic me off.

He never guarantees an SVDB, just a 1909 S AND a 1909 with a VDB on it. He can safely guarantee that because you can see them in the pictures. He never guarantees there will be a coin with both an S and a VDB. He doesn't even guarantee that the rest of the cents will be 1909.

He never guarantees an SVDB, just a 1909 S AND a 1909 with a VDB on it. He can safely guarantee that because you can see them in the pictures. He never guarantees there will be a coin with both an S and a VDB. He doesn't even guarantee that the rest of the cents will be 1909.

All valid points which is why it is risky to bid as much as was paid for this roll of coins. Someone paid dearly for what may turn out to be common cents with one 1909 S. The seller came out well. We don't know about the buyer unless he/she will own up to the bid.

I'm no expert on these, but can't you determine if it's a VDB by the mintmark position? I think there are only 3 or 4 positions for it.

Of course, I know already it's just a 1909-S. I was just trying to figure out a way to beat this guy (besides using common sense)...

From this pic it looks like it was opened. Who knows what is inside.

While there is a very tiny chance it is legit people should know by now not to even take the chance.

73d6_12.JPG

The surest way to tell is by the V.D.B. on the bottom center of the reverse side. The reverse side of the roll is so dark in the pictures that I cannot tell anything about it. It would be a risky bid at the price that was paid without further info on the roll.

the real point is--why wouldn't you open them?...if you owned the roll you'd want to know if there are $100,000+ worth of coins in that roll...you wouldn't just sell them off...it is blatant deception and there is 0% chance that there is a 1909-S V.D.B. in that roll.....the only reason they are being sold as a "wanna play the lottery" type item is because the game is already fixed...

The seller says "He has never opened them".

If the Seller took the loose pennies and put them in the roll then he has no need to open them as he knows the contents but can still say " I never opened the roll".

I'm no expert on these, but can't you determine if it's a VDB by the mintmark position? I think there are only 3 or 4 positions for it.

No, You can determine it ISN'T an SVDB if the mintmark position is wrong, but if the position is right you can't say whether it is an SVDB or the same or similar obverse being used in combination wth a non VDB reverse. You would have to know the mintmark positions for all of the obverses used to make 1909-S cents, show that none of them are the same as the four dies used to make the SVDB (and I don't believe that is true), and that the mintmark on the pictured coin matched an SVDB obverse. THEN you could for say for sure that it was an SVDB.