• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG purchase for me.

47 posts in this topic

next time take pics without the slabs so people will comment on coins :) unless you were asking to comment on the slabs then well, they suck. coins are prety nice :) the question is are you happy with the purchase/investment?

They might be close to accurately graded.

The ACG coins looks old and if so, gradeflation might help you out.

If the others were sent in by a collector and not a big submitting dealer, they might be close to accurate.

The reason why I answered the way I did was because I don't like to reward bad behavior buying "the product" UNLESS, I can buy it, crack it out and make money WITHOUT the offending slab.

As some have mentioned, if you bought them as if they were raw, you probably did alright. Those are terrible slabs, so crack them out and enjoy them. I once had a really nice cameo proof Frankie in an NNC slab that nobody would even look at. As soon as I cracked it out it sold for a handsome profit. Just a hint.

I really hope you treated the coins as they were raw I would never pay a premium price for a coin in one of their slabs.

If you did pay MS65-ish money for them, try and get your money back - FAST!

I don't think it would be fair for me to post......kinda like piling on a downed man so to speak........if you paid melt you got a great deal.....other than that I would be concerned for you but I am sure you got BU coins....just not sure how far off the grades are....

Might I ask what your motive was for purchasing this particular lot of coins hm

Depending on the price Harv as all have said, hopefully you got some nice Frankies. I like the toning on a couple there. These slabs are always overgraded but there is always the chance of something nice coming out of them. Good luck after you crack them.

Hey guy's just got back from supper with the family. I purchased these coin's with the idea of cracking some out and sending them in hoping they will get into NGC holders.

I did not pay top dollar at least I dont believe so. I paid MS-63 money for them. Hoping that some of the FBL's will be NGC FBL's. Also the most inportant part I made sure to get a 7 day return policy with them. So Please try to look at the pic's and not the holder. Thanks for the advice.

Here is a link to the sellers original post http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=639913

There is really very little chance in trying to see if you did well with these coins. The photo is just a scan that seems to be overly contrasted. It is almost impossible to see whether you are even in the ballpark, IMO. They could all be hairlined significantly and you'd never know it from the photo for example. Sorry....

jom

Harvey,

If you bought them for MS63 money then for the coins dated 1954-63 you can't get too badly hurt so it's no big deal for them.

It all depends on what you bought the coins for. If you bought the coins mainly to enjoy some Frankies then I would say you did alright. If you are planning on making a profit by crossover I'd say probably not likely. Realistically there is NO point to crossing quite a few of those coins... you would be wasting your money on slabbing fees compared to the possible benefit you could get for a crossover. It is very hard to tell from the images, but SOLELY going by the grades given the only three that would be worthwhile to try from the PCI and NTC coins are the 1953-S, the '60-D and the '59-D. The Accugrade coins show some more potential, but remember that unless you get a 65 you're throwing money out the window. Also, I would take the FBL's on all these coins with a SERIOUS grain of salt. If you are planning on sending the coins to NGC then both the upper and lower set of lines need to be complete, and from what I can see that does not appear to be the case for most coins.

Thanks sky was hoping to get a couple FBL's that are actual FBL's out of this lot to sell and recoup some money, and give the rest to my son for his collection. If not oh well he can have them all and he will be a happy little boy come Easter Bunny time.