• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This may have been done before BUT ... Post your Favorite Eagle!

37 posts in this topic

As I am packaging stuff to go to auction - I found this ... and decided it is one of my favorite BALD EAGLE PORTRAITS ... let see yours !

52805-1983_olympics.jpg.02d8a4c326afa8b5dadd8ddb0aa2a7cb.jpg

The work of isolating both of these was performed by shylock, who posts ATS, and he has graciously allowed me to use these images in the past. The Connecticut commem eagle is my favorite, but I also really like the Brigeport commem eagle, too. Interestingly, both were designed by Henry Kreis.

Connecticut.jpg

Bridgeport.jpg

This is still my favorite eagle. It's a working copy of the Presidential Seal that my brother made from the original that is embedded in the floor of the Rotunda in the U.S. Capitol.

Chris

52825-IMG_1658.JPG.506a4cba97dd230e6460a0aa53673cee.JPG

With the Shield partially worn like that it is AU at best

laugh.gif

Yeah, now please explain to me how you convince someone it's in a circulated and stationary position at the same time. Or, maybe I should ask one of the id-e-ut sellers on eBay how they would list it. lol lol lol

Chris

With the Shield partially worn like that it is AU at best

laugh.gif

Yeah, now please explain to me how you convince someone it's in a circulated and stationary position at the same time. Or, maybe I should ask one of the id-e-ut sellers on eBay how they would list it. lol lol lol

Chris

When is the seal coming up for auction? And who is it being auctioned by?

Stack's wants to put it in the Money Show in Baltimore in July.

Chris

And you said ................................................................................................................

It was an unfinished topic of a previous thread !

I'm surprised to Bob! It's probably cause we wrere waiting for you to post one of those fine looking one's you have!

Don't I wish. The top one belongs to Sy. I would like to have one of each posted though. :grin:

Stack's wants to put it in the Money Show in Baltimore in July.

Chris

And you said ................................................................................................................

It was an unfinished topic of a previous thread !

I can't recall which thread you are referencing, but I was probably anxiously awaiting this Stack's auction to put the final chapter to this item.

Chris

1795HalfEagleR.jpg

Mainly because it took me so long to get one ...

This small eagle in the laurel wreath in its beak was only found on the earliest U.S. gold coins. Needless say it's very hard to find one ..

1795HalfEagleR.jpg

Mainly because it took me so long to get one ...

This small eagle in the laurel wreath in its beak was only found on the earliest U.S. gold coins. Needless say it's very hard to find one ..

Nice design. The laurel wreath is often associated with Nike and victory. Was it used to indicate triumph over the British?

Nice design. The laurel wreath is often associated with Nike and victory. Was it used to indicate triumph over the British?

Yes, I think that was the idea. The issuance of gold coin was considered to be an important mark of sovereignty for the fledging United States of America. Only kings had issued gold coins on behalf of their government, and here was the first U.S. gold coin. The young eagle is shown holding a wreath of victory high after more almost 15 years of growing pains.