• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just tried to e-mail ANACS.....

11 posts in this topic

The mail immediately comes back as undeliverable. The mailbox is full.

That hardly seems the way to run a company that asks you to send them expensive packages.

I thought that, perhaps by now, they would be up and running business as usual.

Guess not....

Paul

I E mailed them a few days ago regarding thier population search engine. I corresponded by Email two or three times back and forth with the Tech doing the work and he kept me informed of the process.

One of the E mail addresses I used did come back as "undeliverable".

The mail immediately comes back as undeliverable. The mailbox is full.

That hardly seems the way to run a company that asks you to send them expensive packages.

I thought that, perhaps by now, they would up and running business as usual.

Guess not....

Paul

That doesn't bode well to me. I thought, of the "next tier" grading companies. ANACS at least had a respectable reputation.

However, now they made a deal with HSN, and are doing these odd pedigrees like "First Day of Issue" on Gold and Platinum American Eagles and so forth (this replaced the deal HSN previously had with ICG to do the same thing). So, is ANACS the new ICG? Hmm.

That doesn't wow me, if that's the case.

Older ANACS slabs for instance, I've had cross at NGC at higher grades, even by a couple grades higher!

I admit that I always preferred NGC, and PCGS was a perfectly acceptable alternative, of equally high caliber in my mind, but I've lost the respect I had for ANACS, which wasn't on par with those two to begin with.

However, now they made a deal with HSN, and are doing these odd pedigrees like "First Day of Issue" on Gold and Platinum American Eagles and so forth (this replaced the deal HSN previously had with ICG to do the same thing). So, is ANACS the new ICG? Hmm.

If anything, you should be impressed with ANACS that the Shop @ Home type shows went with them. Don't fool yourself for a single second, all the TPG would love to have this business. It is an extremely profitable business segment. At one point in time, the S@H types have used all 4 of the major TPG.

Who knows, maybe the S@H will go back to ICG? You never know whether a court will grant an injunction or not. hm

ShopatHomeTV seems to really know where its bread is buttered though, and while they offer some raw coins, and some other services, the vast majority of their offerings in recent days (months, years maybe?) have been from NGC.

I don't disagree with you though, ANY TPG would love the business from any of the channels, whether it be ShopatHomeTV, HSN, QVC or what-have-you. The one that really seems to focus on coins though is ShopAtHomeTV, even though they are going off the air, and will be strictly online soon. HSN comes in second, but they were all about ICG, but are now turning to ANACS, both pale in comparison to NGC IMHO.

I haven't watched HSN lately but a few months ago they said they had an exclusive contract with ANACS,

I have been told that there is a middleman that provides coins to HSN, not ANACS directly.