• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1958 Franklin. SLAB GRADE GIVEN.

15 posts in this topic

Here's a Frankie I bought late last year. It is (IMO over)graded by PCGS. Let me know what you grade it. The fine white scratches are on the slab. I paid what I thought it was worth, not what a slab with that grade with that look would be worth. Still, it is unquestionably the prettiest 1958-P Frankie I've ever seen toning wise with gorgeous iridescent gold and royal blue. The images are by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.

Franklin58_67Obv.jpg

Franklin58_67Rev.jpg

Edited for spelling. Grade given below...

Give Irvin a cigar!

This coin was graded MS67 by PCGS. IMO that is unquestionably too high given the hits. Technically I'd grade it a 65 to 65+ obverse and a 66+ to 67- reverse with a serious shot at FBL. I'll probably send it back in at some point for a designation review as a 1958 P mint with FBL is significantly rarer than non-FBL.

Give Irvin a cigar!

This coin was graded MS67 by PCGS. IMO that is unquestionably too high given the hits. Technically I'd grade it a 65 to 65+ obverse and a 66+ to 67- reverse with a serious shot at FBL. I'll probably send it back in at some point for a designation review as a 1958 P mint with FBL is significantly rarer than non-FBL.

It is definitely a PCGS FBL. I'd have to see it in hand to make an NGC determination, the picture doesn't really show it (but if you say so, you know what you are talking about so I believe you.)

Give Irvin a cigar!

Wow! That's what I call a good day at PCGS. ;) Unfortunately PCGS has dis-continued the designation review service so you'd have to send it in under regrade. :eek: