• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sorry, ladies and gentlemen -

18 posts in this topic

I spend quite a bit of time on both this and the PCGS board. When I first drifted over here, I found this place to be a nice alternative to the other board.

Lately, however, this forum has been dominated by talk of and by a particular individual. That talk, in my opinion has done (virtually) nothing but waste time and take away from other discussions of potential interest and learning here.

To me, this board has become pretty much, a waste of my time. It's sad to me, that the most interesting and informative recent thread was one about grammar. I have nothing against that thread at all. But, the number of worthwhile threads has dwindled to almost nothing.

I'm done posting here, at least for now. Maybe some of you care and maybe no one does. These are just my personal opinions and feelings. If things change over here, someone, please let me know.

Mark,

I am with you on this one. To many of these posts here have nothing to with coins.I am here to learn all I can about my coins and others. I have learned alot already just reading the other posts. They are helpfull. Don't go away.

Patrick McNulty,

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

Mark -

I'm very sorry that the posts here have sunken to the level that you feel you are wasting your time participating in this forum. Sigh, of late I have a hard time disagreeing with you.

I'm off again tomorrow morning bright and early for business out of the country. While I might get the chance to check in during my absence, I think I might hold off until I get back to see what the climate here is. Seriously folks, I hope it improves. There is a wealth of numismatic knowledge here and the asides have been pretty interesting - that is, until lately. I've learned volumes here and have benefited greatly from those whom I have communicated with via PM.

I sincerely hope things improve here for all of our collective sakes tongue.gif

This is unbelievable... While it may be true that the content here has, of late, been less than desired, I submit that it is up to us -- all of us -- to make the content better.

If you find the quality lacking, try to improve it. If you've already tried, then try again. Don't just say that it sucks here, and see ya!

Mark Feld, you started this thread. I know that when you first came here, you tried to liven things up a bit. That's good. Don't quit now just because the quality has died down. Instead, try encouraging us to do better.

RWW, you want to wait and see before you decide? Decide to do what? Go away? If you don't bother to fight to make this place better, you're going about very nicely to fulfill your own disappointing expectations.

Don't be defeatist. Each one of us has the capacity to make this place better, if we each contribute within our means. Don't blame the board for sucking; instead, do something positive about it.

Come on, folks! What do you all say? Shall we go gently into that good night, or shall we rage against the dying of the light?

See, Mark, you've gotten me quoting poetry!!!

EVP

If you let a jerk (KingCon) and a spelling snob (jeh135763245812) drive you away, then that is your loss. These forums are higher quality that the other. If you're leaving here to remain over there, then you are probably looking for noise and just don't know what you really want.

I have a stong feeling that Con will be gone soon. He only posts to troll and 99% of the people have fallen for it. I guess being a useless [!@#%^&^] on these forums is the high point in his life right now. Sad, but I guess that's his life.

Greg,

I am not trolling at all. All of my posts here have one objective and that is to learn more about coins. I have read many of the posts on this forum and have learned alot already. They are very informative. It is my objective to remain and learn and not be disruptive. Calling me a jerk is not very nice. It takes more of a man to con troll his anger than to vent it off on these forums. Take breather and relax a little. I am doing my best to learn all that I can.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

EVP -

I have to tell you, you're one of the folks who's posts I have thoroughly enjoyed reading. Your insight and knowledge of the hobby has impressed me greatly. To name some names in no particular order, and I'm certain I'll miss some: you, Arch, TDN, Hoot, Mark Feld, DWL, GMarguli, Dena, Spooly, Braddock, ChrisFuccione...its been a pleasure reading your posts and learning from all of you. NGC is and has been a gracious host as well and, when I started reading and posting here, the forum was in its infancy. It has aged a lot in the last month.

It is just of late that things have deteriorated to the level where I feel like I'm reading the same diatribes that appear across the road. I've stopped reading posts over there because the effort to find the odd nugget of information just isn't worth wading through the attacks, innuendos, and gutter duels. To our collective detriment, the same thing has begun to occur here with alarming frequency.

My job dictates that I travel very often. Checking into this forum when I get to a point that I can has been a part of coming home for me starting some time in February. Since it will be difficult for me to check back while I'm gone, I'm just curious how things will be when I get the opportunity to log back in. Other than traveling, I don't know that I'm going to 'go' anywhere - but I long for the caliber of posts that have made this site so worthwhile.

Enough whining from me, I need to pack. mad.gif

The only thing that annoys me more than a troll is someone who posts they are leaving the boards to see how many people will say, "oh no, don't go."

ya know, this forum has deteriorated greatly since the arival of KingKoin or whatever he bills himself as.

On the other hand, the "I'm leaving" posts are really such an attention ploy, I don't know which I dislike more.

Personally, I like Mark, like what he has to say, and admire his knowledge, but if you don't like it here, by all means, don't post here. The PCGS forum can be a real playground sometimes, while I perceive this forum as one where the members where shirts and shoes.

I moderate a forum and would have bounced those who have littered this board (KK) in a flash for the overall betterment of the community.

It is however, the responsibility of the membership to enhance the environment.

Many of us need to learn to be a little more tolerant, and most all of us need to be less quick to attack the deserving and the undeserving. When one of us makes a pointless, stupid, arrogant, self serving, ill considered, inciteful, or rude post we should, as a rule of thumb, avoid comment except perhaps to lead the offender to realize his error. When too many such posts come from the same individual then perhaps it is time to try another tack.

Quality here hasn't been so extremely affected, but much attention has been diverted to less worthy topics.

I agree with you. This was a good forum from which I learned a great deal about coins. It has deteriorated

While I do not like the "I am leaving post" the forum will not be the same without Mark and any other like him who are run off by the troll.

NGC has looked over PCGS' shoulder to see what they have done wrong so that NGC can do it right. Here is an opportunity.

PCGS has let its boards deteriorate by allowing trolls to thrive there. The Empress has even gone so far as to protect one troll. It has had a negative effect on their boards and their customer base.

So NGC - here is your chance. Get rid of the trolls. It is your board so work to keep it a good one.

I only have enough time to check in here once or twice a day, but I could tell from his first post that KK was a troll. and the number kid, dont know whats up its super spelling behind, but it sure doesnt belong in a coin forum, maybe in the water cooler, but not here.

I come here to get my coin fix, learn some, get some ideas, and hopefully I can use what I learn here to buy some better coins once I find a job again. So lets keep up the quality coin posts, and arch, please remove the trolls! They smell bad and bring the entire forum down to their level. frown.gif

That is it you finally realized it. Now come to grips with it.You can change.I think.

An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll."

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

jeh46544, nah, your not a troll. Just easily excitable wink.gif I dont think the proof reading thread belongs in this room, but thats about all. I didnt read the thread, as I am used to poor grammer on online forums, so I dont even notice mispellings, puncuation, etc... If you think it is bad here, you should check out some tech forums, teh 1337 sp34k will drive you batty in an instant! wink.gifgrin.gif

You should all get a gander at what transpires in the comic sections. This is DisneyLand by comparison. Trolls? It's like Grimm's Fairy Tales over there. We've got Demons and Manifestations that make the Cenobites from Hell-Raiser look like the Seven Dwarves! VelociRaptors, Piranha, and Coelecanthes would find US feisty! The grass IS greener on our side...it's covered with slime. A word to the wise...don't crash land. Just play it safe and hover.