• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Excellent Coolness Factor!!!!!

21 posts in this topic

I just recieved my latest Ebay win today. I really like this display and coin. I paid $124 for the coin. I thought about submitting, and with the coin in hand, I really think it would have no problem getting into a 65 holder.The coin is an absolute blazer. However, this date in 65 is really not very expensive, and the coolness factor of the old capital holder and Anacs Certificate to me anyway has more value than a 79S in a slab. What do you think, and what do think it grades?

1879so1.jpg

1879s1.jpg

1879s2.jpg

JJ

Great coin, it certainly looks MS65, but from the pics provided I couldn't be certain. At 65 and up the marks add up fast to denigrate the grade and many could be hidden in the fields by the lighting and color. Still a beautiful coin and, by the way, I would not remove it from the holder-I like it a lot.

JJ

Great coin, it certainly looks MS65, but from the pics provided I couldn't be certain. At 65 and up the marks add up fast to denigrate the grade and many could be hidden in the fields by the lighting and color. Still a beautiful coin and, by the way, I would not remove it from the holder-I like it a lot.

The cheeks and fields are really clean, there just really isn't much in the way of distracting marks.

JJ

I agree with everyone else, JJ. I've seen lots worse in 65 holders, but that just looks too cool to mess with. I vote display it like it is, and just be confident in the knowledge that it's a great coin, regardless of the number on the certificate. :)

I'd be tempted to submit it, but keep the holder. It looks like it could go 66, and if the lighting isn't hiding anything it may even get 67. I have a couple of 67's that rival it. Nice pick-up!

Chris

leave it as is

if it aint broke dont fix it

from the photo and sight seen could be different....... it looks 65+

with great eye appeal and blast and flash

Back then the only MS grades that they used were 60, 63, 65, and 67. The other MS grades were added later. PCGS was the first grading service that used all 11 MS grades starting in 1986.

You are going to pay $16.00 in Economy with a minimum of four other coins included with submission.This makes $140.00 for the cost of the coin.

Assuming that you can get MS65 I have seen where you could purchase one in a NGC holder in the $130 area.

I would just keep it in its holder unless I really needed it for registry etc and was sure it would be a MS65

You are going to pay $16.00 in Economy with a minimum of four other coins included with submission.This makes $140.00 for the cost of the coin.

Save the money and sell it to me for $150.00

Nice coin