• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Toneddollars Images- Part One- Caution dialuppers - Large images

21 posts in this topic

Jack sent me a box with 12 of his toned Morgans to image. Because several of them were toned on Proof Like surfaces, it was quite difficult if not impossible to capture the true image that the eye observes. If only the camera would take pictures in 3D instead of 2D. ;)

These are all Non Battle Creek Morgans.

022obv273.jpg

022obv280.jpg

022rev285.jpg

121Obv252.jpg

121Obv262.jpg

121rev265.jpg

036obv228.jpg

036rev230.jpg

i.m.o they are nice coins! but they look AT to me.

I don't know how they were toned. Maybe Jack or Sy could explain the process. All but 2 are PCGS certified.

i.m.o they are nice coins! but they look AT to me.

I don't know how they were toned. Maybe Jack or Sy could explain the process. All but 2 are PCGS certified.

Those coins are stunning looking and I have no question, whatsoever, regarding their originality.

Doesn't most of this type of toning come from the coins sitting in the Mint bags for so long? This is why the color's are so vibrant on one side and not both.

Doesn't most of this type of toning come from the coins sitting in the Mint bags for so long? This is why the color's are so vibrant on one side and not both.
I think that is correct, though occasionally two sided toners can also be found in Mint bags.

GREAT coins!!! :golfclap: These suckers are the real deal. These coins are definitely bag toned. I've had the great pleasure of seeing Jack's entire Morgan collection a couple of times and his coins are mind boggling. The '79-S is a definite WOWSER!

Excellent pics Bob, and in the other 3 posts too!

Thanks for all the compliments on the imaging. Believe me, the images are only a fraction of how good they looked in hand. They were incredible.

Thanks for all the compliments on the imaging. Believe me, the images are only a fraction of how good they looked in hand. They were incredible.

I can only imagine Bob, and thanks for clearing up the slab issues for me. I looked closer and started to think this was the issues I was seeing.

Stunning! Amazing, really.

So what's with the many fine, vertical "scratch" lines on the reverse of the '79S and '80S (also in Parts Two and Three of this thread). They don't look like slab scratches. They look like rubbing marks. I would have guessed it was from improper cleaning. No? I know they aren't all graded & slabbed. Are these?

Stunning! Amazing, really.

So what's with the many fine, vertical "scratch" lines on the reverse of the '79S and '80S (also in Parts Two and Three of this thread). They don't look like slab scratches. They look like rubbing marks. I would have guessed it was from improper cleaning. No? I know they aren't all graded & slabbed. Are these?

10 of the 12 are PCGS slabbed, 1 is Anacs and 1 is IGC. The 1900 and the 1883-O were the non-PCGS coins.